R I P Nessie

Kirty

Yesterday I made the heart-breaking decision to give my foster girl Nessie her wings. It was by far the hardest, most devastating thing I have done in rescue and I still don't know that I have done the right thing. I tried to put her first and ignore how I felt. I am so so sorry Nessie. I wish so badly that I could have done something to make it all OK. RIP beautiful girl. Your owners may have discarded you, but I will never forget you. xxx

Oh, Kirty, I am sorry . You have done the only thing , given the choices. She was loved and thought about, and much cared for ..don't feel guilty . :hug:

Run fast with all those others , now , Nessie

Very well said Perse.

I'm so sorry Kirty, you did your best. Run free Nessie. :hug:

You showed Nessie more love and compassion than she has probably ever seen and you were with her till the end, cant ask for much more than that

Your a good person Kirty, you put your heart and soul into all your rescues and it shows :hug:

RIP Nessie, may you run free over the bridge :cry::rainbowbridge:

Yesterday I made the heart-breaking decision to give my foster girl Nessie her wings. It was by far the hardest, most devastating thing I have done in rescue and I still don't know that I have done the right thing. I tried to put her first and ignore how I felt. I am so so sorry Nessie. I wish so badly that I could have done something to make it all OK. RIP beautiful girl. Your owners may have discarded you, but I will never forget you. xxx

So sorry Kirty. It is a very painful experience. I went through it 8 weeks ago. I felt so guilty, like I had betrayed my girl by letting her be put to sleep. I am sure you are like me and did everything you could for Nessie. I have just had my first foster dog. He was so gorgeous and helped me as much as I helped him. On Monday I sent him off to live a lovely life at the beach.

By putting her first you've probably done more for her than anyone has before. It's a tough thing to do. :hug:

Run free Nessie.

Well said.

I'm really, really sorry you have had to go through this, Kirty. Ultimately, you put Nessie's long term welfare before your own emotions and I can't think of anything more honourable.

Rest easy, Nessie.

I'm so sorry that you had to go through this Kirty, you tried very hard for Nessie but it wasn't to be. As hard as it is to bear, you have done the right thing for her, the bravest thing because it has broken your heart in the process.

Nessie would know how much you loved and cared for her and I'm sure she'll be by your side as her true owner, not the awful people that first owned her and put you into this terrible situation.

Hugs to you, you do amazing things to help the animals, please take some time for yourself now.