Lakeland Terriers (photos!)

Monah

I've been scanning photos regularly and got to some of my Lakeland Terrier, Basil Brush..

On reading the topic about someone buying a fox terrier x poodle, I thought, I wonder if people realise that Lakelands are such terrific little dogs. I feel they are often overlooked (like many breeds are that are a little unknown in Aust.). So as I miss my happy chappy every single day, and the cat he is with is now 18, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic and thought I'd share a few pics (for my own indulgence :laugh: )

Untitled-Scanned-47-1.jpg

sorry about the dodgy quality :eek:

Untitled-Scanned-06-1.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-06c.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-07q.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-11q.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww too cute!!!

If you stalk RoxynHemi she has a Lakeland puppy at the moment, and she is adorable!

Where are the puppy pics!! :eek::laugh: They are lovely, I love the Manchesters as well, but because Basil was so terrific I'm very partial to Lakelands...AND I had to wait over 2 years for him at the time, so lucky for him he WAS so special! :laugh:

Gorgeous photos! Love the bath one. Your kitties are gorgeous too!

A groomer asked if Hamish was a Lakeland when he was a pup and mostly black confused.gif They look like a totally different colour.

Our current two - Izzy and Jed

Awwww...gorgeous!! any more pics??? :thumbsup:

Lakelands are not cuddly lap dogs..

They are cuddly when they want to be though and like most breeds LOVE to be with their families every minute. Very bouncy and always ready for fun fun fun... :rofl:

I think they are great dogs, esp. for those who would like a non shedder, smaller dog, who is also robust and a terrific family/kids dog.

Ours was also fiesty when required...a great watch dog. We used to babysit several too and all were terrific at getting on with all and sundry.

They can have a mind of their own.. ;) as they are a terrier, but ours was very good IMO. I'd love to try agility etc. later on with another lakeland. I've seen the most gorgeous little girl at shows in QLD..would love to grab her and take off...

I guess all breeds can have some that are different to others. Basil was outgoing, confident, little *()*(^&%^$% head sometimes :laugh: . I can't think of any negative traits, Very very zippy!! :D

Edited by Monah