Which Dry Dogfood Does Your Dog Like Best?

Stitch

Black Hawk Holistic. I ran out last week and bought a bag of Optimum from the supermarket on Friday night to tide me over til our new order arrives, and they certainly don't tuck into it with the same enthuiasm. In fact, Dusty won't even finish hers and Ripley views it with suspicion.

we've tried a lot and Oberon likes Royal Canin best.

Other we've tried are:

Optimum

Purina One

Artemis

Eaglepack

Nutro

Earthborn

and RAW.

And it wasn't an option for me to have my dog suck it up and eat what its given when it had been a struggle to get weight on him.

Guest lavendergirl

I am an Advance and Proplan fan, but I feed Zeke any of the premium diets - like Persephone if he wants his brekfast, he eats which brand is on special this month :D

Just curious - how does his tummy handle regular changes in the diet? Just wondering because they all recommend a gradual change-over when changing to a new kibble.

Well I just puppy sat two other labs as well as our boy over the weekend and all of them wanted Boon's Eukanuba.

The two that weren't ours came to us on Supercoat diet - one is trying to lose a bit. And the other Royal Canin.

Each time the three bowls were put down they'd try to get to the Eukanuba first - until directed to 'their' bowl.

In my experience a lot of dogs like T/D, also Royal Canin kibble. Its what I use for fussy eaters in boarding (and I/D cans).

Can't really speak from experience as my first dog didn't like anything (including fresk steak, chicken etc) and my other two dogs have been garbage guts and literally loved anything you put in front of them.

I wonder if the enticement was more about having Boonie's food Fatsofatsoman, because Eukanuba has a reputation for being unpalatable.

My two are on raw but i buy a little bit of kibble for the kong wobbler and they seem to like Nutro and Holistic select very much :)

hmm that came across as snooty, but I didn't mean it to :)

Edited by raineth

I wonder if the enticement was more about having Boonie's food Fatsofatsoman, because Eukanuba has a reputation for being unpalatable.

My two are on raw but i buy a little bit of kibble for the kong wobbler and they seem to like Nutro and Holistic select very much :)

Not sure - we fed all of them out of identical ice cream containers. And Boon was always the last to be sent to his food as he was the quickest eater and then would go on to whoever hadn't finished. But they always seemed to head for the Eukanuba. I even did a swap around of positions one night and same result.

Boon has always loved Eukanuba and I can use it as treats he likes it so much.

I've tried Boon on Raw and he didn't seem to have the same oomph come dinner time.

They were all labs so they wouldn't have had an issue eating anything to be honets.

I don't think it came across as snooty.

Not sure - we fed all of them out of identical ice cream containers. And Boon was always the last to be sent to his food as he was the quickest eater and then would go on to whoever hadn't finished. But they always seemed to head for the Eukanuba. I even did a swap around of positions one night and same result.

Boon has always loved Eukanuba and I can use it as treats he likes it so much.

I've tried Boon on Raw and he didn't seem to have the same oomph come dinner time.

They were all labs so they wouldn't have had an issue eating anything to be honets.

I don't think it came across as snooty.

oh yeah you just have to do what works. One of my pups just didn't do well on kibble (grain issues) but the other one would be fine on kibble but its just easier doing the same thing for both :)

that interesting that he doesn't like raw though, that's usually a favourite! :)

I've used Eagle Pack Holistic, Pro plan and now Black Hawk. She did go a bit iffy on the EP Holistic and Pro plan at one stage but loved her Black Hawk, so I'm switching to that completely now =]

That said, she'll still eat Supercoat bikkies that the other dog gets.

I must admit, a few weeks ago when I had some leftover cooked sausages, I chopped them up and buried the pieces under the kibble in their bowls, and every dog nudged the kibble out of the way to get the sausages first.

Mine vote for the 14yr old TTs Hills Prescription K/Ds. Of a morning I give her some on the floor, and have to stand by and make sure she gets them. Their second choice used to be Supercoat Sensitive until the Black Hawk came along. I have tried others, as their morning treats but the dogs don't exactly rush to get them.