How Did Everyone Come Up With Their Dol Names?

huskies4life88

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)

how did everyone come up with their DOL names???ive seen some obvious ones because of the breeds people have AKA my name haha

but then there are some really cool ones!!

please share!! :thumbsup:

I call my border collie Snout Girl because she is the first dog i have owned with a snout! lol (I've only had pugs all my life so being able to kiss a snout is a real novelty!)

Mine is my cats name and nobody ever gets it. She is a medium haired white cat so W is for white. I spelt it out. It has been a good way to teach my kids the hardest letter in the alphabet, because they say it so often, it is pronounced clearly fairly young.

My husband sometimes sends me a text:

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Keshwar is my kennel prefix. :)

Keshwar comes from - Meena Keshwar Kamal (Pashto/Persian: مینا کشور کمال), commonly known as Meena, (February 27, 1956 – February 4, 1987) was an Afghan feminist, women's rights activist and founder of RAWA, who was assassinated in 1987.

More info on wikipedia :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meena_Keshwar_Kamal

Dory is my Dog...and she is very Doted (spoilt, ruined...LOVED) On.

So...

Dory The Doted One

:o Dory I always read that as Dory the dotted one - I thought you had a dalmation :o Bad reading skills me.

--

I call my younger dog (real name Diesel) Weasels because he can fit through surprisingly small spaces for his size (he's long like a weasel), and he's just generally a bit sneaky and rascally.

I have about 10 nicknames for each of my dogs though :) Poor little foxdog gets called 'rough butt' a lot because she has a stripe of coarse hair down her back - but I don't think that would make an appropriate username...

Guest english.ivy

English = English Pointer

Ivy = my Belgian Shepherd Ivy :)

and I also love the creeper plant, English Ivy [Hedra Helix]

Bjelkier is the original name of the Samoyed.

It means white that breeds white.

ooh that's interesting! could you spell it phonetically for me, so I know how to pronounce it? :)

I'll take a stab at spelling it phonetically. :o

Bjelle-ker

The BJ is pronounced like the swedish name Bjorn, you combine the BJ into one sound.

Dory is my Dog...and she is very Doted (spoilt, ruined...LOVED) On.

So...

Dory The Doted One

:o Dory I always read that as Dory the dotted one - I thought you had a dalmation :o Bad reading skills me.--

I call my younger dog (real name Diesel) Weasels because he can fit through surprisingly small spaces for his size (he's long like a weasel), and he's just generally a bit sneaky and rascally.

I have about 10 nicknames for each of my dogs though :) Poor little foxdog gets called 'rough butt' a lot because she has a stripe of coarse hair down her back - but I don't think that would make an appropriate username...

:laugh: That's okay. People often think she is a boy too.

I love the names Fox and Weasel. :)