What Colour/s To Wear?

Jsk

Ok so I have a question on colours. Thinking about buying some new show clothes but not sure what colours. I will be showing 4 different coloured dogs. A red & white basenji, a sable, a tri and a blue Merle shelties. The only colour pants I can think of is white and the shelties are all youngsters so prone to jumping up so would prefer not to wear white pants. Help please. 

Na - white will be fine with the shelties....

If you end up chalking their feet - white pants are about the only colour that wont show up their paw prints....

the other colour I reckon would be a nice light/bright blue - sky blue/aqua colour would be good.

No way would I wear black pants, a black knee lenth skirt maybe as you would still see the sheltie! Wearing black truely does ruin the look of the dog. I was going to say grey but would maybe steer clear of that also as you will be showing a merle. Id def look at white they might get abit grubby but its a dog show these things happen, if you can do skirts thou Id def look at wearing one. I NEVER used to do skirts then I showed a black and white pointer for a while and I really couldnt wear pants with her so changed to a skirt and havent looked back even last winter I think I only wore pants once?:thumbsup:

I generally wear pants simply cause I am fat and dumpy and skirts make me look so much more fatter and dumpier.

Colours I avoid are:

Black because of the tri

Oranges because of the basenji

Light tans because if the sable

Greyson and some blues because if the blue Merle.

Some pinks because it looks horrible behind the basenji

I really have made it hard for myself.

What about brown? I've seen a blue merle dog with a handler dressed in brown and it looked nice.

Burgundy or dark purple? They would look good with any of the dogs. I'm also short and dumpy and avoid pastel, fluoro or crayon colours like the plague. Pale colous make me look like a marshmallow and bright kindergarten colours just look ridiculous. If I don't feel as though I look decent I get very self conscious n the ring.

Edited by Gayle.

I show a similar bunch of colours, a red Irish Terrier, a red merle Aussie Shepherd and a blue merle Aussie, and usually a black Aussie or maybe a black Lappie, and I try to go for blues or greens. I have a lilac suit which I love too.

My biggest problem is that everything I have jacket and shirt wise is to go with black pants. I may be able to get away with wearing the black pants this weekend as my daughter will be showing the tri as I will be showing the sable as they are in the same class (baby lol they will be naughty as its there first show and will make us both look like fools lol).

Edited by Josuki

My biggest problem is that everything I have jacket and shirt wise is to go with black pants. I may be able to get away with wearing the black pants this weekend as my daughter will be showing the tri as I will be showing the sable as they are in the same class (baby lol they will be naughty as its there first show and will make us both look like fools lol).

I feel your pain. With my new boy I am having to change my wardrobe to suit him.

I'd wear the black regardless. If the judge can't tell the difference between a hairy dog and a pair of black pants, they probably shouldn't be judging anything. Last weekend I had someone giving me some handling tips and she was wearing black pants, and demonstrating how certain positions improve the top line, the head set etc, and she was doing it all with my black tri boy and I had no problems seeing his outline.

At the last few shows I've been at there have been a few of us with black tri dogs, wearing black pants and red tops.

I'd wear the black regardless. If the judge can't tell the difference between a hairy dog and a pair of black pants, they probably shouldn't be judging anything. Last weekend I had someone giving me some handling tips and she was wearing black pants, and demonstrating how certain positions improve the top line, the head set etc, and she was doing it all with my black tri boy and I had no problems seeing his outline.

At the last few shows I've been at there have been a few of us with black tri dogs, wearing black pants and red tops.

Absolutely!! I do think I would be looking at a nice green though or purple or turquoise.