Im Falling Apart Here Some One Please Help

flame ryder

My little dog MoJo a chinese crested broke his leg tonight. We were fooling around and my son fell over him somehow, and his leg got broken. He cried blue murder and we rushed him straight to the vets screaming all the way. The vet gave him some pain relief but he still cried. Of course I cried too, still am. This dog is my heart dog I would be absolutely devastated if anything should happen to him. He has had to stay at the vets tonight, I didn't want him to, I wanted to stay there with him but they wouldn't let me. I couldn't bring him home because he'll need pain relief injections every 4 to 6 hours which I am not able to do. He had an x-ray and his leg is broken at the shoulder and will be difficult to fix, most likely needing pins. I'll know more tomorrow. I will be there first thing sitting on their doorstep. I can't sleep and I know you people will know how bad I feel. No-one understands the love between me and my dog except maybe you people. My whole life revolves around him. Someone talk to me and keep me going through this long dark and sad night

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: bloody hell thats aweful, I can certainly understand how you feel, I would be exactly the same. I'm sure they are doing everything to make the little guy as comfortable as possible. Do you have a crate for when he comes home, Im sure he will have to be kept quiet and in an enclosed area for some of the healing process?

Oh teela! You are definitely in the right place, I think we can all appreciate how you feel :( MoJo will be ok though.

He is with the vet, they are looking after him and with the pain shots he will be relaxed, if not sleeping now. Dogs often do scream when they're hurt and/or scared coz they don't understand what's happened and that it will get better, i know its painful coz you cant explain to them bit you know he will most likely come through fine.

Try to be calm for yourself, your son and Mojo and trust the vets to do their job and MoJo to be tough. Big hugs!!

You poor thing = I can understand how you feel but it was just an accident and accidents happen. He is in the best place to get the care he needs and hopefully he will come through this well. Fingers crossed for you and Mojo.

I agree with Perry's Mum, unfortunately accidents happen... and at least Mojo can get pain relief throughout the night at the vet hospital. I hope you can get some sleep tonight. Sending healing vibes for your boy Mojo.:kissbetter:

Oh your poor little boy :( It was an accident so try not to beat yourself up too much over it, easier said than done I know :( My OH accidentally trod on our cats leg and broke it when he was young - oh the guilt!

My crestie has just had 10 days of crate rest for a leg injury, and he coped very well if that's any consolation to you.

Hope the news is ok in the morning :grouphug:

Guest RosieFT

oh no! We had Rosie home for all of 30minutes and my son was running down a slope in our back garden and she ran out under his feet and tripped him up... she ran off on 3 legs and refused to come near us for about 10minutes.. i thought we had broken our new dog physically and mentally! Luckily all was ok for us, but I know how easily these things can happen.

I hope your dog is ok and your son is not feeling awful.

oh you poor thing. Im sure he is being taken care of and is sleeping comfortably with the pain killers. Dogs are amazingly strong and with some loving TLC from his mum im sure he will recover well in time.

Thinking of you tonight and sending pain free healing vibes to your special littl guy xx

Poor little thing :( really hope he will be okay

Make sure you give your son a big cuddle in the morning too, I bet he feels so guilty and sad as well

Goodluck, I hope this thread is full of some better news in a few hours

Best of luck for his surgery.

You do need to try and keep calm for his sake though. If you are totally strung out you will not be helping him at all.

I can fully understand you not wanting to leave him at the vets but he will be topped up on pain killers and resting. If you were with him he would probably be picking up on your level of anxiety and would not be able to rest properly.

Keep us posted as to how he is going. Poor little man. And I am sure your son is feeling terrible so hugs for him as well.

Edited by OSoSwift

Hey Teela my heart goes out to you.. can I also just say might be a good idea to watch your son in this emotional time. I am not sure how old he is but children can be really effected by accidents like this, they can internally blame themselves ... I hope the outcome at the vets is a posative one :-)

Thankyou for your kind words. it has really helped me. I've been up all night watching the clock, crying and counting down the hours till I can go see him. Leaving to go to the vets in about 10 mins....Isn't it amazing how life can change in an instant, one minute I have a happy, healthy, playfull dog and the next he's all broken. I hope he is ok I will keep you posted.

It is stressful when one of our pets are sick, accidents can happen in the blink of an eye, but now you need to focus on his recovery.

You really need to get yourself together and not stress your dog out with your emotional state. Animals very quickly pick up on our emotions.

Yes sadly your dog has a broken leg, he is fixable, you will not do him any favours by blubbering all over him when he needs to rest and recoup.

I currently have my 1yr old kelpie lying next to me in a cast :) Rosie broke the 4 metatarsals in her leg 2wks ago! She jumped a paddock fence and managed to get her leg caught as she went over the top, the rest of her kept going and she ended up hanging upside down by the leg until I could get to her. I understand how traumatic it is, I doubt I will ever forget the sight of her just hanging there screaming....

A whole lot of money later, 1 surgery and a cast for 6wks and she will be fine. Accidents do happen I am just thankful she will be okay. It could have been a whole lot worse then a broken leg.

Hope all goes well with the surgery today, I suggest you start thinking up some fun games to keep your bub occupied whilst he is resting. I do a lot of find it games with Rosie i.e. piece of food in one hand and she has to hit the right hand with her paw etc.... Her other favourite thing is a Kong full of peanut butter.

Your boy will be fine, the recovery period may be a bit trying though ;)