Our Morgan Needs An Operation

About 4 weeks ago our Beautiful heart girl Morgan developed a nasty looking lump on her top lip. After applying cream and then taking her to the vet for a strong course of antibiotics(hoping it was going to be a bacterial infection) it is not looking good. It is quite yukky and nasty looking and certainly hasnt got any better. So she is in the vets on Monday to have an op for it to be removed. Sadly because of the size of it(although it is not THAT big) a good part of the side of her top lip is going to have to be removed as well. So she is going to be a bit "lip (lop) sided" as such :( It is not just a case of removing a lump from her body area. I am sure she is going to be fine. I know she is going to be fine. It is me that is going to be a worry wart. I thought it was maybe a spider bite, or something else but it is not. After losing our beautiful Alex 6 months ago to lymphoma I am sure she has some good life left in her yet and this is just a spanner stuck in her works, but it looks very nasty. Morgan is such a tough old bitch. Hugs needed. I want to stay and watch the op but I have to go to work cause we need the money. We have pet insurance for her but have to pay for the op first which is going to cripple us for a week or two until the insurance pays out but we will be fine. The vet gave me a quote which is a good price, but I would still prefer to be there. Its quite strange cause where she has the lump is an area of her mouth that lost black pigmentation quite awhile ago. And she has another area which went the same way, but hasnt developed into anything. Here is our beautiful girl. Not the best show dog in the world but she is the best Bullmastiff in our eyes.

post-27080-0-75203100-1322811528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bullbreedlover

Wishing your gorgeous old girl all the best for her op :):hug:

Lots of Huge Hugs from us.

Good luck with the ops

Thanks so much. Morgan is our beautiful brindle girl.

If you enlarge the photo you can see the lack of pigmentation on her jowls. And you can just see the development of her lump on the bottom peice. It is this that has developed into something very nasty.

I will take a pic tomorrow and post another one of what it is like now. She is not worried by it, but it does hurt her when I touch it. She doesnt like it one bit.

:grouphug: and :kissbetter: from everyone at Peiradise. Lots and lots of get well pei slobber being distributed for her.

Lots of hugs and kisses for Morgan

Posative healing thoughts going your way :-) good luck for the op..

What a beautiful girl - lots of hugs and healing vibes coming your way :hug:

Wishing Morgan the best of luck for Monday!

She looks like a gorgeous girl.

Thanks

It has been worrying her now the last couple of days as she is pawing at it.

Her daddy is taking her to the vet early in the morning.

And I will pick her up in the avo.

:) she will be pleased to see you!

Any news on Morgan yet?

Hope all went well

Hope all went well :)

Morgan is great

She is sitting here at my feet wanting her dinner LOL

That girl has food as her best friend. She was devastated this morning when she didnt have breakfast.

All went good. Good chuck of her lip missing.

We didnt get it sent away. There was no point. She is an old girl.

But the vet said he thought it was definitely cancerous looking.

:(

Barking for her dinner now :rofl: