Our Morgan Needs An Operation

Much to Morgans disgust :laugh: she had a small soft dinner.

Then I took a couple of pics.

I am glad I didnt post a pic of her before the op cause I am sure not everyone wanted to see a very yukky lump

But here she is now.

Left side of her face and op side.

I will take the stitches out in about 10 days but the vet said she should heal good and she didnt require any pain relief.

She is still just a little wobbly on her legs so has taken refuge on the couch :D

post-27080-0-97112400-1323070719_thumb.jpg

post-27080-0-14775900-1323070751_thumb.jpg

Ohhh! That must hurt. Poor lil Morgan.

Healing vibes on their way.

So glad Morgan is home. :) I'm sure she will be back to her old self in no time.

Glad to hear all with well with Morgans op. :thumbsup:

Oh yes Morgys all good. Thanks

Back to the demanding old trout that she is.

:laugh::laugh:

The battle is not over yet though.

Stitches out next week.

The only downfall now with having part of her jowl gone is that she does have some excess slobber :)

So glad Morgan is home. :) I'm sure she will be back to her old self in no time.

Stitches out next week.

The only downfall now with having part of her jowl gone is that she does have some excess slobber :)

The price you pay for a "nip and tuck". I think some aged Hollywood starlets have the same problem post plastic surgery/jowl lifts...bit of drooling. ;)

Glad she's on the mend. Yes, you will have your work cut out for you taking those stiches out.

Stitches out next week.

The price you pay for a "nip and tuck". I think some aged Hollywood starlets have the same problem post plastic surgery/jowl lifts...bit of drooling. ;)

Glad she's on the mend. Yes, you will have your work cut out for you taking those stiches out.

:D

oohh I have the "special tool" for that. Suture removal blade. Quick as. Concidering she is such a fidgit arse.

She is healing really well and to be honest I think she is feeling like a box of fluffies. She is happy.

Stitches out next week.

:D

oohh I have the "special tool" for that. Suture removal blade. Quick as. Concidering she is such a fidgit arse.

She is healing really well and to be honest I think she is feeling like a box of fluffies. She is happy.

Ahhh...much easier than manicure scissors! She's got to be feeling so much better and more comfortable without the nasty thing on her face. :)

• 1 month later...

Although Morgan had a great surgery recovery sadly now 7 weeks later the news is not good.

Morgan has lymphatic cancer and her lip and mouth also has numerous tumours coming up that is causing her discomfort and some pain. These lumps came up in a few short days.

We have made the decision that we are not going to get these removed.

I know Morgan wont make it to see her 9th birthday in March but she will stay with us for as long as she is reasonably comfortable.

Then we will let her be with her brother Alex.

How does one stay strong yet again when the time comes. I am leaving next Thursday for a long weekend back to NZ. I dont want her time to be near while I am gone.

Morgan has been our heart Bullmastiff. She rules the household. What she says...goes.

Our lives are going to be so empty without her talking to us and not doing as we ask her. Because that is just Morgan.

I dont know how we are going to cope. I am a mess already and have been for awhile.

Anyways thanks for being there and reading my sad story.

Please give your furkids a big hug

:( That is such sad news ... sometimes they age far too quickly, and then things start to go wrong way before we are ready.

She will be loved and spoilt and happy ..and that is what counts. She will enjoy her days ,and when she isn't, then you will give her the gift of rest .She's a lucky girl ..and will leave a big hole ,and lots of memories.

Thinking of you all...

I think you are courageously giving Morgan every chance to see out her days surrounded by love. I pray you many special moments in the days she has left, when the time comes a peaceful passing & that you may find comfort in your grief knowing you have done all you can and how blessed your time together was.

I wish you many cuddle times in the days ahead.