• Inside on their bed/in their crate
    • Inside on YOUR bed
    • Outside
    • Other

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to answer "other" because I have 5 - and they all sleep in different places!!

Zoom (16) on the bed, in his bed.

Tom (14-ish) on his bed, next to my bed.

Arella (9) & Moss (8) - either in their trailer (wild weather) or in the porch on either of their two couches.

Meg (3) outside, guarding the boats!

The chooks sleep in the chook shed... btw!! :D

Sonia

My lot sleep in our room. Pia, Champa and Maisie sleep on beds on the floor while Toby (puppy) sleeps in a soft crate next to my bed. I have a baby gate on our doorway to stop them roaming (aka trashing) the house. Stevie (foster pup) sleeps in a crate in the family room. When its really hot though, I usually leave them outside at night because its cooler than our room.

They all sleep inside, my girls (Poppy and Holly) sleep in my room. They are both on the bed if OH isn't here and on their beds if OH is here. There's not enough room for four of us on my double. :laugh: Although occasionally Pop sneaks up.

since bohdi got too big too carry they are all in crates in the laundry.

didnt want the pup in there by himself as my room is upstairs and i didnt want him going up and down the stairs.

i do bring mitch or daire up sometimes mitch will snuggle if cold under the doona or she will skeep in her open crate. daire comes up for cuddles then finds a spot on the floor

I'm amazed by dogs that choose outside!

me too, but I won't force her to sleep where she doesn't chose too. If I shut the doggy door and make her stay in she puffs & pants and paces all about. She is obviously happy outdoors where she likes to patrol for rabbits roos & foxes! She spends much of her day inside asleep under the kitchen table. It's as if she's off duty during the day..

Dexter sleeps on the bed with me - he has two pillows for his head to rest on and likes to be touching the whole night - in winter he likes to be under the doona but in summer he likes to be on top of the doona.

Although some nights he starts off asleep on the couch and then makes his way in later - he is always there in the mornings.

Our dogs aren't allowed in the bedroom let alone on the bed.

They have their area downstairs in the kitchen where their crates are or they can use their dog door to go outside. They tend to hang inside until we go to bed and then they often move outside.

Suki is crated in my room at night. I am a light sleeper and I would never get any sleep if she were on the bed with me! She loves her crate though, she will often go in there of her own accord when I am not home or for some reason she can't follow me around the house.

Herbie (Pug) sleeps in his crate, he would be welcome in our bed, but he is guaranteed to wee or poo in the house over night. Crating is the only solution we could find for this. But he seems to like it and will now put himself to bed. When we had more space his crate was put in a pen and left open so he had some space, but we just don't have the room in this house.

Juggernaut (St Bernard) sleeps inside, where ever she wants (but not the bed) She had a bed of her own, but she never used it and it was in the way, so now she will move between outside out bedroom door, our daughters bedroom door or in the dark in our closet. This way she can wake us up to go out if she needs and she can move around to find cool/warm places. She doesn't get up on the furnature (when we are home at least) she is a very good dog.

My fluffs sleep where they want to, If I'm home they sleep in my room, my boy on my bed next to the wall and my girl on the floor or the end of my bed if the pillow isn't taken. If I"m not home they sleep with my brother. They can also be found sleeping outside or on the lounge

Edited by kezzzza

My boy has free range of the house (impressive for a almost 10 month old). He chooses one of 4 places generally, the bedroom floor, the bedroom doorway, against the front door or if it's hot the bathroom floor. A baby gate excludes him from the 'cat room' and at the moment the room with the Christmas tree.