2012 Brags Thread

Kirra and I thank you :) .

TO - it's set in populated parks etc where there is lots of potential 'contamination' - people walking, kids playing, dogs, etc. etc. - and significant proportions of the tracks can be on tracks and paths. Working up to urban track - streets - and then urban night track. It's meant to start to approximate more real-life search scenarios than the paddocks and bush where no other people have been. The time delays between tracklayer walking the track and dog/handler team starting are longer than standard tracking - 2 to 4 hours on a lot of the levels. The dogs have to have achieved their Tracking Champion before they can start Track & Search.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Tassie!

I have a brag. Just home from an afternoon and twilight trial at the gsdv and we won both ccd rings with scores of 95 & 98-earning us our ccd title!!!!! :cheer:

Wlado worked his butt off and I was so proud. In the down stay in the evening trial he ignored the 2 playing dogs - it was a long 2 minutes! :happydance:

Well done Tassie!

I have a brag. Just home from an afternoon and twilight trial at the gsdv and we won both ccd rings with scores of 95 & 98-earning us our ccd title!!!!! :cheer:

Wlado worked his butt off and I was so proud. In the down stay in the evening trial he ignored the 2 playing dogs - it was a long 2 minutes! :happydance:

Fantastic work Sue and Waldo - onto novice you go thumbsup1.gif

Tassie, brag away! That is a hinge achievement and you have every right to be super pleased and excited.

I didn't realise hoe Mich more difficult track and search was. It actually sounds like a lot of fun.

ok this is not a brag for any of my troop, but a friend of mine, Amanda has a Alaskan Malamute, Jasper is 31/2yrs, besides myself & our instructors at our club, have been really working hard to help Amanda & Jasper to Obedience trial standard, there was times where she damm near through the towel in. Well we can say Amanda & Jasper are now celebrating, Jasper finally got his Tittle of CCD :cheer: :cheer: :champagne::happydance2: :happydance2: :happydance: :happydance:

Edited by murve

Yay for the two new CCD titles - so Sue And Waldo - Novice in November now? ANd murve - how satisfying must that feel - kudos to you and the handler for persevering. :thumbsup:

And piper - yes - the dogs really enjoy Track & Search and the challenges that can be thrown up. And of course it makes training easier, in that you don't have to try to find big open areas without too many paths and random people - quite the reverse. :D

Brag from me - about time I have something to post in this thread. Both kids were entered in a double Rally-O trial today, both needing 2 passes for their Rally Novice titles.

Well the old girl Ness did brilliantly and got some brilliant scores for both her passes. A nice way to retire :thumbsup:.

Kenz also managed to put together two solid rounds and finished up her Rally Novice title as well.

A good day and they both got very well deserved special treats on the way home from the trial :thumbsup:.

Brag from me - about time I have something to post in this thread. Both kids were entered in a double Rally-O trial today, both needing 2 passes for their Rally Novice titles.

Well the old girl Ness did brilliantly and got some brilliant scores for both her passes. A nice way to retire :thumbsup:.

Kenz also managed to put together two solid rounds and finished up her Rally Novice title as well.

A good day and they both got very well deserved special treats on the way home from the trial :thumbsup:.

WELL DONE Ness .....................now on to advance with Kenz thumbsup1.gif

Congratulations Ness and your fur babies

Well putting in my brag, we had a weekend of obedience trialling. Did UDX had a naughty girl that dreaded seekback came and haunted me once again and we also didnt know what a stand was in change of position. Went into UD and Gabby was a good girlie and won UD with 190 and first place and a pass in open with 185 and a fourth place. We ended up with a lovely substantial in the retrieve on the flat by standing in front of me :o

Today we had a really hard day we did udx and she did that dreaded seekback but than decided in the heelwork in motion a sit was a stand :( dont usually have that problem. We than did open and she won that class with 197 and her ud well that was another story

:o Gabby also won the team event and the highest scoring dog in trial.

We also had a bash in doing Rally O might be a good idea to actually know what you are doing when you enter a trial :o:rofl:

The first trial we managed to pass the trial without actually knowing what I was doing and a friend helped me :eek: and bugger me dead got a 100 well the second one we passed as well but I managed to stuff it up with loosing 10 points by not stopping at a station :o got 86 points so we just need another leg but we havent got any more trials for the rest of the year in rally o so dont know when the next one is on

Well done Tassie!

GO THE MINIS!!!!!!

I hope Pippa doesn't let the team down when the day comes to her getting into the ring :o Which is a while off yet laugh.gif

Huge congratulations, S&W!! thumbsup1.gif