Last Minutes With Oden.

Blackdogs

Why the hell did I watch that?

It just bought back the last six years of fighting cancer with Ollie dog and giving him his wings two and a half months ago..

I wonder if you ever really get over losing a dog that was so much a part of your life... Cause it sure does not feel like it yet...

RIP Oden, what a brave little soldier...

Edited by Staffyluv

Guest english.ivy

I had to do that seven years and four days ago.

Very sad.

Eta .. I won't ever get over it but you learn to accept it and think about all the awesome times you had together.

Edited by english.ivy

I have lost two beautiful dogs to cancer the first I had for ten and half glorious years she was with me a quarter of my lifetime I miss her every day and think of her always she was a part of me that can never be replaced it still feels like a knife going through my heart. I then lost her daughter ten months later so a double whammy for me my two precious girls gone forever I miss them both and I hope that when it is my turn they are there waiting. RIP Oden such beautiful boy.

I do not think that the pain ever goes away when loosing a beloved dog we just learn to live with it.:cry:

Been there many times... :cry: A friend says to me "I wont own own a dog they dont live as long as people..its too sad" Yes it is sad but I have owned many dogs thankfully most have died around 15yrs of age. I am blessed in a way that as a human I may outlive many dogs but looking back many of my life chapters were shared with some amazing companions. I grieve the loss of each one, but find joy in knowing I may have the opportunity to be loved by another equally special canine soul. A dogs love is the honest thing Ive found. Thx for the share.

Yes it's a very sad time,three months have past since I lost my beautiful GSD Tara to cancer and it's the worst thing ever. :cry:

Edit for spelling, and still very upset. :cry:

Edited by tarope

I wonder if you ever really get over losing a dog that was so much a part of your life... Cause it sure does not feel like it yet...

I don't think you ever get over it. It's now 3 years and 4 months since I lost Sophie after her battle with cancer. I think of her and miss her every day.

I couldn't watch that video. When I think of Sophie's last minutes I still feel the sting of tears. Death can't take my love for her away from me though. Losing her was a life changing event for me.

R.I.P Oden

I didn't watch the whole lot, yes it was sad but I couldn't help thinking that it was odd that they had videoed the situation leading up to the death of Oden as well as his final moment.

I though it a bit off that they would do that.

Edited by Boronia