Committee Reserving Spaces For A Show

SwaY

I have just been checking some shows etc and one show stuck out for a service they are offering...

The club is going to be marking out 3x3 spots around the ring, these are offered to people who are entered at the show - I have many questions..

Can they do that, would you pay for a reserved spot for a breed specific show or an All Breeds Show, does this contravene the regulation about setting up prior to a show etc.

The club is going to be marking out 3x3 spots around the ring, these are offered to people who are entered at the show - I have many questions..

Very "American" :)

Happens already with reserved marquees at Sunbury Cup Day ...

I would at a Breed Specialty ... couldn't be bothered at an AllBreed show.

I've suggested in the past to our Breed Club to look at reserved grooming areas and even

reserved front row seating as a source of additional funds.

The Breed Nationals I go to in the USA do it and it's great ...

Edited by Dellcara

Have also been involved with reserved front row seating at American Nationals - good idea - and your seat is your seat for the entire show - whether you are sitting there or not!

Re reserving spaces for marquees etc - Dogs Victoria has a policy where spaces cannot be reserved prior to the day of the show - or the first day of a cluster.

This would be in conflict with this policy...

Reserved seating I understand and would support.

Re reserving spaces for marquees etc - Dogs Victoria has a policy where spaces cannot be reserved prior to the day of the show - or the first day of a cluster.

That's what I find interesting, it's a conflict yet they are advertising that this is what they will be doing.

Reserved seating I understand and would support.

That's what I find interesting, it's a conflict yet they are advertising that this is what they will be doing.

I thought the Dogs Vic policy was only for shows held at Bulla and Kcc Park. But saying that there are alot of people that set up the night before the shows at these venues!

I think it's a fantastic idea from my POV as being from regional Victoria, generally for most shows, I have to leave by 4am at the latest to get there early enough to get a decent spot. Heck I'd be happy to pay for the privledge if spot got be pre-purchased.

If it were IMPARTIALLY first come first served - a bit like booking theatre seats for caravan park sites - I would be in on it for reserved spaces (or preferably reserved marquees already erected such as at Sunbury). I would gladly pay a reasonable fee at some shows to have a reserved marquee there ready for me. Could be quite a business in there for someone if they could get the clubs on board (and an extra money raising idea for some clubs). Would have to make sure there was plenty of room and reasonable access to the ring for those who choose not to take up the service though.

Edited by espinay2

Ha, have just got back from Benalla where the committee reserved ALOT of spots for 'friends'. Not alot of room left around grp 6 that was certain. So they have contravened Dogs Victoria policy totally.

I went to a country show last year and saw all the spots ringside roped off. I was told that the keenel club concerned had in fact sold them to various members for their sole use at shows.......over the two days of the show a few spots sat empty - people who "owned" them never arrived but noone else was allowed to set up a gazebo....completely ridiculous.....

Sure that the 'no set up rule' only applies to Bulla and the Park. Don't like the idea of it being applied at country shows. I have always gone to the grounds the afternoon before and camped that night as well. 90% of the shows here would mean I'd be driving into the rising sun early in the morning and that's too dangerous with the 'roos around at that hour.

eta - sheesh, costs enough now to travel to shows, entries, petrol,etc. that's why I always camped couldn't afford a motel too. No way should the country clubs be charging for 'saved spots'! Often have to pay a camping fee anyway ($5/$10 per night) for the privilage of using their loos!.

Edited by pebbles

Brighton showground here in Tasmania has reserved places. You pay a fee and that spot is yours for the whole year. It's first come first served. Everyone who hasn't reserved a spot either has to be super nice to those who have or be stuck out in the boondocks.

Ha, have just got back from Benalla where the committee reserved ALOT of spots for 'friends'. Not alot of room left around grp 6 that was certain. So they have contravened Dogs Victoria policy totally.