Very Very Short Skirts

teddywaddy

Hi folks,

I am amazed by the amount of women wearing very short skirts in the show ring, and bearing all for everyone to see when they bend over to tend to their dogs.

Found this article from a professional handler thought it was appropriate.

The handler should be appropriately dressed to show the dog to it's best. Be clean, neat and presentable in the ring. Help your dog to not "blend in" to what you are wearing. A male judge can be compromised by the exhibitor's mode of dress. If a female wears clothes that are revealing, short or immodest and then by chance has the best dog, the judge may be compromised by awarding that dog with a win. Dress nicely but not as if it were a fashion show, wear comfortable, nice looking shoes appropriate for running. Dress modestly, the dog should be the focal point, not you

:thumbsup::clap: :clap: I agree whole heartly on this dress code

"Dress nicely but not as if it were a fashion show, wear comfortable, nice looking shoes appropriate for running. Dress modestly, the dog should be the focal point, not you"

My dress code has always been this plus dress to the weather condition :)

Years ago there was a "Lady" showing a GSD. It depending on whether she had a male or female judge as to what she wore. In the morning for sweeps she had a very nice suit on as she had a female judge and then for her class she had a male judge and she wore the shortest of skirts and the lowest cut shirt she had. The male judge told her that she could leave ring and only come back in when she was dressed properly. The audience clapped and cheered the judge

What is an appropriate skirt length then? Knee length? 2 inches above? I wear knee-length skirts, though I have one that is slightly shorter - maybe halfway up my thigh - but I think I have reasonable legs and I'm not flashing anything if I ever bend over.

What is an appropriate skirt length then? Knee length? 2 inches above? I wear knee-length skirts, though I have one that is slightly shorter - maybe halfway up my thigh - but I think I have reasonable legs and I'm not flashing anything if I ever bend over.

Half way up your thigh is not slightly shorter then knee length. If a skirt is half way up your thigh no way can you bend over and not see anything.

I thnk people who wear skirts need to bend over in front if a mirror at home, every weekend you see far more on show then just dogs !!

Knee length I feel is the right length.

Half way up your thigh is not slightly shorter then knee length. If a skirt is half way up your thigh no way can you bend over and not see anything.

I thnk people who wear skirts need to bend over in front if a mirror at home, every weekend you see far more on show then just dogs !!

Knee length I feel is the right length.

I've never had to bend over in this particular skirt - but I'm off to try it on right now and check in the mirror!

Oh so true!!! And sadly I have seen some judges not wear the right thing to judge in, when they have bent over you have seen way too much!!! :eek:

As suggested, whatever you wear check it out in the mirror in any and all positions, you may be surprised at what you do see!

Erin, have a look at a Rivers store or on their site.

You can pick up some pretty athletic-type shoes that have good grip, look nice & are not too chunky to wear with a skirt.

They are a cheap way to see if you like that sort of style & if you do, maybe consider some Sketchers, they are super comfortable :)