Gilbert At The Vet : (

Cosmolo

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes the vet says every reaction is worse which is very scary- it was an absolute maximum of 10 minutes from actual bite to collapse today, maybe even less.

Ollie had anaphylaxis with bee stings - he actually seemed to build tolerance over the years as the last few bites were nowhere near as bad as it was in the early days. We nearly lost the sill bugger a few times when he was young and obviously did not learn that catching bees was bad for his health...

Gilbert had an allergic reaction a few weeks ago, this one was alot worse and alot faster.

I hope he is as lucky as Ollie and they do become less severe.

Ollie's first few were so frightening. Watching your dog collapse with white gums, stop breathing and a vet working on them, injecting them etc is scary...

We were lucky his became less severe - I hope Gilbert's do to.

He has sensitive skin so citronella or aeroguard wouldn't be an option. He is actually looking really miserable tonight- spoke to my vet who told us to give him some medication on hand as he broke out in hives tonight. If he gets worse we will have to take him to the vet tonight. If he isn't back to normal by the morning he has to go to our vet too.

Why is it that when you desperately want the expertise of your OWN vet, you're never close enough to get to them. This is the second time we have had an emergency and had to use the closest vet where we would have preferred our fabulous vet- who is 25 minutes away. :(