Grass Eating - Are They Sick?

LOLAFOLATA

Hi,

My vet has told me that if my dogs are eating grass it's because their tummies are upset. I planted clumps of pet grass in their yard for them after reading that it's a herbal remedy pets enjoy to chew on from time to time. My 3 stand and pick at it constantly throughout the day. My older girl has had ongoing tummy issues but our new puppy now copies her and stands and picks at it too. They rarely vomit it up but it's occasionally undigested in the poos. Wondering whether I should remove it or not :confused: Anyone else have chronic grass eaters?

My dogs have a "Im feeling sick and HAVE to eat grass right now" dance. They eat it quite urgently.

But 90% of the time they go out they will have a bit of a graze, generally being very picky about who gets the best tips. Very cute!!

Yep, mine do the dance too if they're feeling iffy. Grazing I don't worry sbout.

Lol Tobster!

Yeah, when they eat it because they feel yucky it's like they've got a sense of urgency to it... Like they're trying to eat as much as they can in as short a time as possible. (A few weeks ago my girl ate a heap of poo at the park and was doing this constantly).

But when they just graze at it or have a normal munch I think they just enjoy it!

I have 2 'grazers' as well. Neither of mine are sick. They eat grass on a daily basis. I will even pick it & they will eat it out of my hand but it has

to be this certain type, not just any old grass will do. LOL Only the nice new, young stuff :laugh:

Edited by BC Crazy