Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

I read it as defining a big difference in the behaviour of the young child/baby, and the male/obese person you mentioned in your post. ie: babies are more likely to be loud and smelly.

Ahk - good point! But then if you going on the smelly thing you need to add people who've consumed alcohol as you can smell it on them, smokers, people with body odour, tacky aftershave - the list goes on and on!

Yes, that was what I meant. Smelly was just an example.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really? People must like to tell me what they think (Great! :rolleyes: ).

Do they actually say they dislike all children or simply say they dont feel maternal and cant build a bond with a baby/child? I think disliking or hating children is probably very different to someone who just doesnt connect with them. I think kids are great and have a lot in my life but I just didnt manage to give birth to them.

Many variations on a theme Raz.

Like...

I can't stand kids.

I don't like kids.

I'm not a kid person.

I hate babies, tehy smell.

I prefer animals over kids any day. rada rada rada

All entitled opinions of course but I still get taken aback. My problem it would seem. ;)

It is certainly not my intention to harrass you or anyone Sheridan.

Perhaps my Thread should have been called......

"People that love their pets like children but have little or no time for human kids and openly dislike them? What's that about?"

But it's not about children, it's about your problem with a woman who didn't want to sit next to your child.

But what's it to you if someone humanises their dog?

I really don't get why people get so hysterical over what people they don't know do or don't do. It's no one's business but the person concerned, it doesn't hurt anyone, so why do people get so uptight about what strangers do? People really need to get over themselves.

IMO, it is a problem when the dog has no manners, jumps up on visitors, gets talked to as though it's a human and understands them, gets a huge long monologue about why it's not allowed on the couch unless "Mummy" isn't at home, is allowed to beg at the dinner table when guests are trying to eat without being licked icon_smile_mad.gif or if you're trying to have a conversation and the dog feels left out and starts barking. NOT acceptable dog behaviour - and shouldn't be allowed. This same dog was also allowed to hang around even after knocking a little 2 year old boy who was visiting! The kid was crying his poor little eyes out! And the dog's "parents" didn't even care icon_smile_mad.gif

These are my close friends but I really dislike their "parenting" techniques.

I lived with them for 3 months and while I was there I did a bit of training the dog, teaching her to sit when people come in the door (sometimes works - bit hard when there's no consistency), to drop (which is handy when she's trying to eat your food when you're sitting on the lounge....)

Oh and the kicker. It's a super energetic BC X Blue Heeler who doesn't get walked, living in suburbia. eek1.gif kept inside most of the time. (When I was living there, I let her outside in the back yard to let some steam off and they got home from work and asked why she was outside? Poor baby...)

So that's my beef with dogs who get treated like children.

Okay, but my comment was about people who have issues with strangers humanising dogs. Your issue is with your friends. Do you really care if I or anyone else on DOL that you don't know humanises their dog? You don't know us, it doesn't affect you personally, so why let it bother you?

Gosh, I don't know Sheridan. It just seems to. :confused: Like I said in a previous post, I get an almost tangible jolt when people, (not always friends either) say they dislike kids.

Does nothing total strangers do bother you? :shrug:

Like for example threads on Dog Forums that go nowhere and ask questions that irritate you? ;)

I love dogs, but I don't like cats, no reason, just my personal preference.

I love the kids in the family, but I can take or leave other people's kids, also just my personal preference.

I would be interested how the OP knew the lady on the plane was an animal lover? Did she have a dog with her?

As long as no children or animals are hurt, then I see nothing wrong with everyone making their own choices who or what the associate with.

I love dogs, but I don't like cats, no reason, just my personal preference.

I love the kids in the family, but I can take or leave other people's kids, also just my personal preference.

As long as no children or animals are hurt, then I see nothing wrong with everyone making their own choices who or what the associate with.

:thumbsup: Well said. This is basically how I feel! I love our daughter but don't care for spoilt naughty children. Likewise I love our dogs but don't like dogs with no manner and dogs where you can see their "third eye"

It is certainly not my intention to harrass you or anyone Sheridan.

Perhaps my Thread should have been called......

"People that love their pets like children but have little or no time for human kids and openly dislike them? What's that about?"

But it's not about children, it's about your problem with a woman who didn't want to sit next to your child.

But what's it to you if someone humanises their dog?

I really don't get why people get so hysterical over what people they don't know do or don't do. It's no one's business but the person concerned, it doesn't hurt anyone, so why do people get so uptight about what strangers do? People really need to get over themselves.

IMO, it is a problem when the dog has no manners, jumps up on visitors, gets talked to as though it's a human and understands them, gets a huge long monologue about why it's not allowed on the couch unless "Mummy" isn't at home, is allowed to beg at the dinner table when guests are trying to eat without being licked icon_smile_mad.gif or if you're trying to have a conversation and the dog feels left out and starts barking. NOT acceptable dog behaviour - and shouldn't be allowed. This same dog was also allowed to hang around even after knocking a little 2 year old boy who was visiting! The kid was crying his poor little eyes out! And the dog's "parents" didn't even care icon_smile_mad.gif

These are my close friends but I really dislike their "parenting" techniques.

I lived with them for 3 months and while I was there I did a bit of training the dog, teaching her to sit when people come in the door (sometimes works - bit hard when there's no consistency), to drop (which is handy when she's trying to eat your food when you're sitting on the lounge....)

Oh and the kicker. It's a super energetic BC X Blue Heeler who doesn't get walked, living in suburbia. eek1.gif kept inside most of the time. (When I was living there, I let her outside in the back yard to let some steam off and they got home from work and asked why she was outside? Poor baby...)

So that's my beef with dogs who get treated like children.

Okay, but my comment was about people who have issues with strangers humanising dogs. Your issue is with your friends. Do you really care if I or anyone else on DOL that you don't know humanises their dog? You don't know us, it doesn't affect you personally, so why let it bother you?

Gosh, I don't know Sheridan. It just seems to. :confused: Like I said in a previous post, I get an almost tangible jolt when people, (not always friends either) say they dislike kids.

Does nothing total strangers do bother you? :shrug:

Like for example threads on Dog Forums that go nowhere and ask questions that irritate you? ;)

Ok I think I got carried away in my post. But I just have a problem with dogs being allowed to run riot and then what happens when a kid gets bowled over and cracks it's head open on a coffee table or knocked into a fish pond...

Stuff that total strangers do doesn't bother me, unless something they do hurts me, then it kinda bothers me :p

Ok I'll shut up now biggrin.gif

People who don't like kids - OK

People who don't like dogs - yep that's OK too.

People who don't like cats - yep I can understand.

But people who don't like CHOCOLATE???? :eek::mad: :eek:

;)

I don't HATE chocolate, but I prefer wine and cheese ;) Although when 4 trees come down in one night I could be tempted to try all 3 :drink:

I remember being incredibly shocked in primary school when I came across kids who didn't like chocolate. :laugh:

Oh the scandal!

I'm an adult now and still don't understand people not liking chocolate.

I can't say I dislike chocolate, but I could live without it. I know. I'm broken :laugh:

Give me anything salty though :eat:

I remember being incredibly shocked in primary school when I came across kids who didn't like chocolate. :laugh:

Oh the scandal!

I'm an adult now and still don't understand people not liking chocolate.

I can't say I dislike chocolate, but I could live without it. I know. I'm broken :laugh:

Give me anything salty though :eat:

Agree! I like chocolate but I LOVE savory food way more.

I like this thread, it's great! Plenty of interesting points raised. BUT poor Liz, I don't think I've ever seen what the OP has actually said being taken out of context so much as in this thread... Ok well maybe in the burning building thread...

See my problem is I have very specific cravings, I have both chocolates and ice-cream in the house at the moment, but now I specifically want a block of chocolate, or now that you mention it tsd, cookies and cream ice cream so the others don't seem good :(

Wine on the other hand, well wine is wine!