Dog Waste Bags

Poison

I'll tell you what though, the poo bags aren't cheap. I was looking at the Dogs on Board ones in Pet Barn and they're like $30-$40 for 6 rolls!! :eek:

I never even knew nappy bags existed until now. Might look into it.

A friend of mine uses her council supplied biodegradable green waste bin bags and as she gets given hundreds every couple of weeks she's all set!! And it's good cause she has 3 dogs.

Edited by RiverStar-Aura

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We use Coles scented nappy bags, 200 for a few dollars. :)

My dog is a multiple-poo-on-a-walk boy, so cheap and plentiful is good. :o

What is it with boy dogs and their digestive system???????

And he eats raw only :eek::eek:

Yep, raw here too. Admittedly, it was way worse when he was still on biscuits! :eek:

Mrs RB, we only use scented napy bags as there doesn't seem to be an unscented option. I love your description of "the nice big labrador on tinned food capacity ones with tie handles" -they sound ideal! :laugh:

Edited by trinabean

a little :offtopic: but the old bloke in the next street used to walk his two really old tiny JRT's,he would stop at the gate and have a chat and his dogs used to have a poo while they were waiting. I gave him a bag and from then on he used to take them but his wife kept giving him sandwich bags and his hands were so big he couldn't put them in the bag so just put in his fingers then had problems trying to grip the poo with fingertips

I think his wife may have been having a go at him :-D

Huh, I never thought of using scented nappy bags.. I might get some and give it them a try.

I usually buy at the cheap shops or Woolies or Coles if I remember them in the shopping... The blue ones (from coles and woolies) seem to be much thicker than the green ones at the cheap shop..

Thanks for everyone's responses. Sounds like nappy bags are the way to go. I assume the best place to buy these would be at Coles/Woolies?

Im currently using the Bags on Board ones from the petstore which were $20 for 8 rolls.. and with a dog that does mulitple poops a walk.. they dont last long at all.

My preference is definitely biodegradable! I assumed these were?

I use nappy bags, although they can be a bit thin, and twice my finger nail has gone straight through the bag. Oh dear.... I knew what the brown stuff was on my finger, but still stupidly sniffed my finger in front of everyone waiting at the red light. :o Maybe I will learn my lesson and get a tougher bag sooner or later.

bahahahah! That's gold!

I like the bags on the rolls that fit into the bag holders (ie: bags on board etc) but they are SO expensive. Luckily my pup doesn't poop much on walks so we don't go through many, but having the holder with them attached to the leash means I don't forget to take them.

For those that use nappy bags or normal plastic bags, do you guys just keep them in your pocket, or how do you remember to take them when you go out?

I like the bags on the rolls that fit into the bag holders (ie: bags on board etc) but they are SO expensive. Luckily my pup doesn't poop much on walks so we don't go through many, but having the holder with them attached to the leash means I don't forget to take them.

For those that use nappy bags or normal plastic bags, do you guys just keep them in your pocket, or how do you remember to take them when you go out?

I have a canvas pouch with a clip that attatches to the lead handle.It's about the size of a mobile phone and I stuff the bags in that.I think I got it at the Reject Shop but it was years ago.

I have a little waist bag that has a clip, which I put the nappy bags in along with my keys and anything else I might need (money for the paper if its the weekend). It doubles as a treat bag for training, as it has a separate pocket for treats that I can wipe out. Its not very big, about 10 cms wide. I had someone make it for me.

Thanks for everyone's responses. Sounds like nappy bags are the way to go. I assume the best place to buy these would be at Coles/Woolies?

Im currently using the Bags on Board ones from the petstore which were $20 for 8 rolls.. and with a dog that does mulitple poops a walk.. they dont last long at all.

My preference is definitely biodegradable! I assumed these were?

I just checked the Coles ones and sadly, I don't think they are. :(

I have a bumbag/ pouch thing that I wear when I walk the dog. I keep a wad of nappy bags in there for my power-pooer. :o

It has a few compartments so I keep housekeys in there and it fits my phone etc. too. I use the same bag for obedience classes to carry treats etc.

Not sure about Coles/Woolies and biodegradable bags. Normally it is something that is printed all over the product so people feel sure about themselves when spending 3 times the price of other poo bags :laugh: