Dog Waste Bags

Poison

I like the bags on the rolls that fit into the bag holders (ie: bags on board etc) but they are SO expensive. Luckily my pup doesn't poop much on walks so we don't go through many, but having the holder with them attached to the leash means I don't forget to take them.

For those that use nappy bags or normal plastic bags, do you guys just keep them in your pocket, or how do you remember to take them when you go out?

With the nappy bags, I just grap a few, and stuff them into the round bag holder(the one that is meant for rolls) that is attached to the lead. If you stuff them in one at a time, scrunched up, you can then just pull them out one at a time. :D Can fit quite a few in as they scrunch up small.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wear a doog belt and cram them in. I hv a roll in the car and apparently bags in every pocket of every item of clothing I own.

Meea

Ps if you fold them ala doog ones you can carry heaps but really I have a life!

I'll tell you what though, the poo bags aren't cheap. I was looking at the Dogs on Board ones in Pet Barn and they're like $30-$40 for 6 rolls!! :eek:

I never even knew nappy bags existed until now. Might look into it.

A friend of mine uses her council supplied biodegradable green waste bin bags and as she gets given hundreds every couple of weeks she's all set!! And it's good cause she has 3 dogs.

x 2 - and I have two labs that ALWAYS like to decorate the nature strip :D

I just tie them on the side of their collars in a pretty green bow...

I had a little girl comment on my lovely Labs with green bow ties on :laugh:

Hi I just found this

churchhill and Coombes

7am to 5 pm Monday to Friday

Phone (02) 9649 6111

1C, 128 Frances St, Lidcombe NSW 2141

you can pick up if you are in Sydney or they deliver

singlet type bag, BIO, small 5,000 for about $80, pick up

they have a web site

Edited by goldenluv

It seems that I'm missing something... Please explain me why anyone would BUY some special bags if you can just reuse shopping bags Coles/Woolworths gives you for free?

For me they are too bulky to carry and I use the enviro bags when I shop :) That's when I remember to take them :o

It seems that I'm missing something... Please explain me why anyone would BUY some special bags if you can just reuse shopping bags Coles/Woolworths gives you for free?

In the ACT you can't get ordinary plastic shopping bags any more.

I find a pack of 50 Nappy Bags a lot more convenient to carry and less likely to have a hole in them too.

I save any plastic shopping bags for backyard 'poop duty', but we don't I use dog poo bags that come in rolls from the supermarket for walks. Shopping bags are just a back up for if I run out because they are much bulkier, and we don't usually have too many around anyway as we use reusable bags for shopping.

This thread reminds me of a joke I heard once....

Given that plastic can take hundreds of years to break down and there are probably millions of bagged pops going into landfill each year, do you think future archaeologists will be digging up these millions of baggies and thinking 'what is this mystery substance? And why is it so important that the people of the past felt the need to preserve it for all eternity...?'

I get about two supermarket plastic bags a week from my grocery shopping, not quite enough to cover all the poos produced!

• 5 months later...

This site sell them

http://www.dogwastebags.com.au/

They deliver all over australia.

And I'm sure that these are the same bags that I've seen in parks around my home.

Hi All,

I was just wondering where everyone buys their dog waste disposal bags?

I previously bought some in the clean run - free shipping sale before xmas but am almost finished all those ones.

The local pets warehouse sells 4 rolls (15 bags each) for $10 which is a complete rip off! seeing as the same ones are only $3.50 at Clean Run... however with shipping included, this doesnt work out to be all that economical.

So.. any suggestions? surely theres a cheaper alternative?

I like the bags on the rolls that fit into the bag holders (ie: bags on board etc) but they are SO expensive. Luckily my pup doesn't poop much on walks so we don't go through many, but having the holder with them attached to the leash means I don't forget to take them.

For those that use nappy bags or normal plastic bags, do you guys just keep them in your pocket, or how do you remember to take them when you go out?

Treat pouch with a belt clip that has a section at the bottom for storing loose bags.

For longer walks, the HoundBag (which has a poo bag pocket that fits most rolls) or the Doog walking belt (which I'll admit I don't like as much as I thought I would).

Last time I bought bags, it was from petz-depot. 100 bags for $3 and they come flat, rather than on a roll (which is better for the treat pouch bag).

So, don't all council's provide the free dogs bags?

If not, cudos to Sushine Coast Council (for a change :laugh: ). There are plenty of free dispensers all over the place here. Two on the estate where I live ( about 400 houses), they are occasionally empty but not for long. It was one of the things I thought was totally awesome when we frist emmigrated here from the UK. That and free parking by the beach :D

If not, cudos to Sushine Coast Council (for a change :laugh: ). There are plenty of free dispensers all over the place here. Two on the estate where I live ( about 400 houses), they are occasionally empty but not for long. It was one of the things I thought was totally awesome when we frist emmigrated here from the UK. That and free parking by the beach :D

i have never seen bags supplied anywhere. I do a lot of walking around town and we get nothing for dogs

Don't I wish! Our local Council provides nothing! Our Shire is "Green", plastic bag free! Getting your hands on a grocery bag is like gold lol, they're not wasted on dog poo!

All of the pockets of all of my clothes have both poo bags & treats in them so I never go anywhere without them, which can, at times be a little embarasing. However I ordered a treat bag off eBay last night that has a few pockets in it, so I'll stuff one with poo bags.

I usually buy the packets of "Dog clean up bags" from the Reject Shop (also, their Pee Pads) it's $3 for 75 bags, I have them stashed in the cars and in the laundry (our laundry is outside) so that they're always handy on that rare occasion that I have none in my pockets. So far they haven't let me down, I haven't gone through them with a finger nail yet (that happened with a nappy sack) or had one break or leak or anything else undesireable.

Cheers,

Jozlyn