Underwater Again - Ningaloo Reef

kja

OMG amazing diving the past few days! So much activity, so many critters, so many awesome experiences. I haven't had time or energy to go through many photos yet, so I'll be adding to this thread as I get time.

Hope you enjoy :)

Olive sea snake

APR12_100kja.jpg

Threadfin pearl perch

APR12_101.jpg

Canon 40D, Tokina 10-17 + Kenko 1.4TC, Subal housing, mini-dome port, 2 x Inon strobes

Edited by kja

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, CC :)

Two more:

Fishies

MAR12_201kja.jpg

Canon 40D, Tokina 10-17 + Kenko 1.4TC, Subal housing, mini-dome port, 2 x Inon strobes

Clarkii anemonefish

MAR12_202kja.jpg

Canon 40D, Canon 60mm macro, Subal housing & port, 2 x Inon strobes

Edited by kja

I don't often comment on your marine photos kja, but I have to say I always look at them and often go and check you blog out. Your photos are just stunning and I am in awe of the things you get to capture.

@piper - that's so sweet! Thank you :)

@snook - thanks!

Got out for a dive yesterday but had some blonde moments like setting up my gear wrong added to a foggy mask so shooting was a challenge LOL Was meant to head out today but had boat problems and my buddy needed to be back in town this arvo so we didn't have time to fix them and still head out. Really bummed :( But here's a couple from yesterday...

my buddy Simon with a batfish

APR12_129kja.jpg

school of threadfin pearl perch

APR12_130kja.jpg

more fish

APR12_132kja.jpg

Edited by kja

Margined coralfish on blue

APR12_143kja.jpg

Please let me know what you think about this next image - it's a departure for me and I like to know how others view it. Don't be shy - you can't hurt my feelings (but you can make me feel warm fuzzies ;)) when I ask for feedback. And it doesn't matter if you've ever put your head under the sea - I value all input. Even just "like" or "not really like" or anything more you think. So pretty please take a minute, if you can? :curtsey:

Something a bit different for this cod & his remora buddy

APR12_147kja.jpg

Great photos as usual kja!

Feedback... I really like the composition of the shot, it feels moody and foggy (I get the sense that's kinda how you were feeling on the dive). I'm a bit distracted by your watermark, but totally get the purpose.

ETA: I keep coming back to this... it is so different from your other really vibrant photos. But I really like it.

Edited by KumaAkita

Terra - yippee on doing your course!! Check out the Panasonic TS3 (my I love Water thread is all about that little spunk of a camera) - it's only a couple hundred bucks, goes to 12m and does a fantastic job on stills and videos, imho.

Clarkii anemonefish

MAR12_202kja.jpg

Canon 40D, Canon 60mm macro, Subal housing & port, 2 x Inon strobes

Maybe a dumb question given the fish's name, but is that an anemone or coral polyps it's hiding in? Vicious little teefies :laugh:

Love the cod & his remora buddy, it looks like they are rising up out of the deep depths :) Really like the negative space, but like KA would love to see it without the watermark :)