Underwater Again - Ningaloo Reef

kja

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir & Prada - thank you so much!

woof - aww, that's sweet, I appreciate it!

Underwater the goal is to get as close as possible to your subject - and yesterday's huge turtle was helping me :)

MAY12_174kja.jpg

I did manage to get a frame or two of more of him, but it was tough as he wanted to be right up on my lens the whole time - it was awesome!

MAY12_175kja.jpg

And a namesake shot - the site is called Love Shack because there's a section that is totally covered in these moray eels who have three kinds of cleaner shrimps living in their holes with them

MAY12_176kja.jpg

Edited by kja

Piper & ari - thanks!!

ari - sigh, I never get around to printing anything. Maybe one day. :(

I am simply incapable of swimming past an octopus without taking a photo of it. On the upside, it means I have a nice range for playing with editing :D

MAY12_184kja.jpg

MAY12_185kja.jpg

MAY12_186kja.jpg

Edited by kja

ok, no one likes octopus, how about some shrimp? All three of these guys were living with the eels, though we see two of them without eels, too.

Scarlet cleaner

MAY12_181kja.jpg

Humpback cleaner

MAY12_183kja.jpg

Hingeback

MAY12_182kja.jpg

ok, no one likes octopus

I love octopus :D I will always be haunted by the time I saw my first one when snorkelling in Crete, I gave an excited squeal to my partner back on the beach which unfortunately alerted a local on the beach too. He swam in, grabbed the octopus, took it back to the beach and proceeded to disembowel it in front of my horrified partner :eek: I kept my finds to myself after that :laugh: I also had an octopus 'steal' my snorkel once - that'll teach me to leave them in peace :laugh:

Stunning shrimp too :)