Heat Pads / Snuggle Safe?

Red Fox

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Arcane

I have a tiny little dog, and iggy x Chi ( Aptly named Mr.Shivers!)with super smooth hair and no body fat. He sleeps by choice in a covered crate with 2 pyjamas on and a snuggle safe. They hold their heat really well, but you'd need a few for a big dog!

I have found by personal experience that the new memory foam mattress material is very heat retentive. Clark rubber stock that.

Edited by Arcane

I bought a snuggle safe when my dog was a puppy, but I stole it and use it every single day for myself. :)

This ^^^^ x FIVE :o

Stick him in your bed - problem solved :thumbsup:

That's what I've done the previous 2 winters. embarrass.gif

Tonight there is more blankets in the crate than dog though. Two single bed sized minky blankets with a Ridgie sandwiched in between laugh.gif.

It was really cold last night.

What about a doona igloo you could stitch up a bag out of a cheap doona?

I sometimes use a wheat bag - because I figure not too much harm if my EH decides to dig it up and chew on it, but it wouldn't be very warm by 4am.

Please don't use wheat bags for dogs if they are eaten the dog is usually dead from the swollen wheat in the stomach before you get to the dog.

This was advertised recently and looked great. I would get the toasty buns one for the kennel.

Has anybody used it? Looks safe and is washable.

www.warmbodymat.com.au

There is also a cool gel mat for summer time.

www.coolgelmat.com.au

Maybe rather than cold he is simply becoming stiff from being snuggled up, winter is the time when the beginnings of arthritis can appear.

That's a thought .

have you tried providing him with lots of bedding /coat, but have him safely tethered ? he may feel more comfortable being able to move around a bit more than he can in his crate? *shrugs* Just a thought....

I like the look of that warmbodymat , and the bun warmers seem a good idea. for dog beds ..provided not any more than one thin layer is covering them . Might get one for my geriatric cat! :) Thanks for the link .

Maybe rather than cold he is simply becoming stiff from being snuggled up, winter is the time when the beginnings of arthritis can appear.

That's a thought .

have you tried providing him with lots of bedding /coat, but have him safely tethered ? he may feel more comfortable being able to move around a bit more than he can in his crate? *shrugs* Just a thought....

I like the look of that warmbodymat , and the bun warmers seem a good idea. for dog beds ..provided not any more than one thin layer is covering them . Might get one for my geriatric cat! :) Thanks for the link .

Thanks for the thoughts but I'm 99% certain that it's not arthritis. He's young, fit and healthy, shows no stiffness and has no desire to stretch when let out of his crate - just wants to burrow under the doona! It only seems to be a problem when the nights drop down below around 3 degrees..

I managed to get a SnuggleSafe this week from Vet n Pet direct at 30% off. Best price I've seen anywhere biggrin.gifhttp://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/Products?search=snugglesafe

I managed to get a SnuggleSafe this week from Vet n Pet direct at 30% off. Best price I've seen anywhere biggrin.gifhttp://www.vetnpetdirect.com.au/Products?search=snugglesafe

Oohh, thanks for the heads-up. That's a great price! :thumbsup: I'll be getting one for my boy.

Just moved from a warm snuggly apartment to a big old wooden floored house, so just grabbed one of these for my pup. Great price, thanks for the link!

Oohh, thanks for the heads-up. That's a great price! :thumbsup: I'll be getting one for my boy.

Just moved from a warm snuggly apartment to a big old wooden floored house, so just grabbed one of these for my pup. Great price, thanks for the link!

Ah, typical. I ordered one yesterday and now they are further on sale with the "Winter Warmer" sale code W2012 if anyone was wavering on buying one (makes them $31.97)

I managed to get a SnuggleSafe this week from Vet n Pet direct at 30% off. Best price I've seen anywhere biggrin.gifhttp://www.vetnpetdi...rch=snugglesafe

Ah, typical. I ordered one yesterday and now they are further on sale with the "Winter Warmer" sale code W2012 if anyone was wavering on buying one (makes them $31.97)

Oh really, that's CHEAP! Might get another!