Cookie

k9angel

It's taken a few days for me to be able to write this but I would like to pay tribute to a special little kitten we named "Cookie". :heart:

Cookie's thread can be seen here for those that haven't already read it, but please note - it is very upsetting and distressing.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/237700-cookie-dumped-kitten/

Cookie was about 8 weeks old when she was found dumped - on the 20th May. She was in a bad way but surprised us all, by making it through the night. When found little Cookie was almost lifeless. She was gasping for breath, freezing cold and soaking wet - she also had a little gash on the side of her neck which I at first assumed was a bite mark from a dog. How wrong was I... :(

Little Cookie was paralyzed in her rear end. Although she could move her legs, she was unable to use them to walk. :(

On Tuesday just gone little Cookie was taken back to the vet and X-rayed. Turns out Cookie hadn't been attacked by a dog, or hit by a car - she had been shot with an air rifle. :cry:

The pellet was still lodged in her little chest and her spine had been shattered. :cry:

There was nothing that could be done for little Cookie so I held her as she fell asleep for the very last time. She purred away happily as I cradled her and she left this world for the next. :angel:

Cookie was the sweetest little kitten despite what she'd been through. She didn't deserve to be shot like that. No animal does. :(

Although she was only a tiny little girl, she has left a huge hole in our hearts and is missed dearly.

I take comfort knowing Cookie saw more love in the past week, than some cats experience in a lifetime.

She was happy here and lapped up all the love, attention and spoiling she recieved.

I also take comfort in the fact she wasn't left to die alone and cold, but instead was surrounded with love & dignity.

We may not of been able to make her better, but we gave her that much at least.

R.I.P. little girl, until we meet again - shine bright on that star and wait for us. xxx :rainbowbridge::heart:

7286295226_d474ed6927.jpg

7307829534_548299e4ce.jpg

Holding Jacks hand. :heart:

7313556288_f840c3f766.jpg

7313573386_0cb8ebae53.jpg

"Cookie" gone but never forgotten. :heart:

RIP little miss Cookie girl. Run free now :rainbowbridge: You will never be forgotten, you touched the hearts of many, including mine :heart:

No one can ever hurt you again now so you can rest easy & pain free. Hopefully we will meet one day, till then have tonnes of fun girl.

Your so sadly missed little one but I think you were just too special for this place :cry:

Edited by BC Crazy

RIP Cookie, and you will always be remembered. You touched the hearts of many. She deserved nothing but love, and I'm glad she was given love at the end. No more pain.

oh Cookie I hope you are not in pain anymore and running free. I am reading this and my kitty just jumped up on me to give me a hug. I keep thinking I"m going to pop into your thread and see the progress you have made :-(.

I"m glad K9 Angel took you in and showed you what love really is. I"m also grateful that you weren't alone when you left us but surrounded by love.

I hope that there will be justice for you.

RIP beautiful little Cookie, you truly are missed.