What Silly Things Is Your Dog/dogs Scared Of?

mantis

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy is scared of the fridge. When I go near it she puts her head down and backs right off. I know why she is scared though, my fiance has a habit of dropping things out of the fridge any time she goes near it :)

Also this morning on a walk, she saw one of those charity clothing bags full of clothes next to somebodies letter box. She ran around to the other side of me and hid behind my leg and then growled at the bag :rofl:

Edited by tooch

:rofl: I am literally in stitches watching that, thankyou so much. :thumbsup:

I can't believe how quirky our dogs are & the things that scare them, keep them coming people I am loving the replies. :thanks:

Brushes. Walk out into the yard with a brush and you will be hard pressed to find a kelpie. Funnily enough he loves being brushed, you just can't let him see the brush...

Also dried fish treats. Very suspicious of those.

Simi is frightened of the garbage bags when they are being thrashed about trying to get some air into them before lining the bin with them.

Barkley is scared of soft drink! If you have a glass or can of Coke etc he won't go anywhere near it and will take off if you try and take it towards him. He is also terrified of men, the only exceptions being my husband and my father (who he has only seen a handful of times in his whole life).

Flash is scared of nothing and no one :D

Poo.Stan doesn't like poo.He will go out of his way to avoid a poo if he sees one on our walk.I picked up Maddie from the vet recently and took Stan along for the drive.Maddie did a poo in the car(she has never done this before) and Stan was trying to climb over the seat and out the window.As the electric window was going up he hooked his teeth over the the window in a last desperate attempt to escape the poo.

OMG I thought my dog was the only one! Spence will literally leap to the side to avoid stepping in dog poo when I'm walking him. It's not fear though, it's pure disgust :laugh:

One thing Spence is absolutely terrified of is the beeping sound the smoke alarm makes when it's running low on battery. His pupils dilate so much his eyes look black, he scrunches up against the nearest person and shivers and shakes. I've never seen him react that way to anything else.

Water fountains - those decorative ones you find in peoples yards etc

Max will stop and growl at them, or refuse to walk past them, which is hilarious because she loves water, especially the hose or sprinkler!

:rofl: I am literally in stitches watching that, thankyou so much. :thumbsup:

I can't believe how quirky our dogs are & the things that scare them, keep them coming people I am loving the replies. :thanks:

You are welcome!! :laugh: I love it too!!

Poo.Stan doesn't like poo.He will go out of his way to avoid a poo if he sees one on our walk.I picked up Maddie from the vet recently and took Stan along for the drive.Maddie did a poo in the car(she has never done this before) and Stan was trying to climb over the seat and out the window.As the electric window was going up he hooked his teeth over the the window in a last desperate attempt to escape the poo.

love it! Very descriptive! Lol

Love the scary banana too!

Hiccups. Absolutely terrified :confused:

:laugh: which dog?

raz is scared of balloons that are floating

hmm willow is scared of the freezer being opened, um, raised voices, the velcro on her coat being undone, ...there would be more but i cant think right now :shrug:

Howard the Whippet is deeply suspicious of ceiling fans. :o

We had fans in our last house and Lili was also quite wary!

She also doesn't like things being "out of place", as she sees it. If we are walking and there is a wheelie bin, that's fine, however if the wheelie bin is tipped over on it's side, it is a force to be reckoned with....or ran away from :laugh: Same with plastic bags on the road, very scary!

Edited by Aussie3

Inanimate objects, Gus started this during a fear period and it has stuck with him..... he is a princess in the dark, and in the laundry when there is baskets on the floor.... also a new one, stupid kid out the back keeps kicking his soccer ball at the fence then stamping his feet when Gus barks.... Gus is very very much not a fan.. poor baby.

I don't want to be cocky here... but I think I win :laugh:

The other night I discovered that Cocoa is scared of....

wait for it...

BOK CHOY!

You know the green chinese cabbage?

I managed to get a video of it :D

th_9b041cde.jpg

ETA: ^^ Click the still image to see the video.

Edited by melzawelza

I don't want to be cocky here... but I think I win :laugh:

The other night I discovered that Cocoa is scared of....

wait for it...

BOK CHOY!

You know the green chinese cabbage?

I managed to get a video of it :D

th_9b041cde.jpg

ETA: ^^ Click the still image to see the video.

LOL!!! God she is pretty!!

Lulu is scared of the vacuum cleaner... but then, it's used so rarely she never had a chance to get used to it! (not because I'm gross, btw, it's cos I have hard floors and sweep mostly)

I had a Weim once who had a rediculous fear of boxes... small, big, it didn't matter, she'd run a mile. the noise was enough to scare her but if she saw a box she would run so fast in the opposite direction. it was quite sad - she was born in our house and we could never work out where the fear came from.