Need Help Suggesting A Breed

Lhok

As the title says I need some help suggesting breeds that would fit this criteria for a family member.

Medium to large

Easy going

Something that doesn't care if it misses a day of walking

People orientated

They don't care about shedding as they are ok with grooming and they aren't house proud they also have children too. The dog will go to obedience training but they aren't looking to do dog sports.

--Lhok

Theres some good 'dog matching' quizzes on the net.. The quizzes ask you about your lifestyle and what you are looking for and tells you what dogs match with you.

maybe get your famility member to try googling one and see what comes up! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sares

Guest english.ivy

Belgian Shepherd - Groenendael

My girl is happy without walkies, as long as she has her human/s :)

Adores people over other animals

Easy care coat

Some of the breeds that have come up over the conversation have been Berners,Dachshunds,Chows and even a Greyhound. These are dogs that they seem to like the look of. It's a mixed bunch which is why I am at a loss to suggest something. I know whatever they do go with will be looked after very well. They have tried some of the pet selector website but that brought up bully breeds which is by my understanding something that they don't want.

--Lhok

Greyhounds would suit,Chows area alot of brushing unless they get a smooth.

Berners are wonderful dogs.

With what they have listed maybe the Deerhound.

Dachshunds are obviously at the smaller end of the scale so if that size is of interest then there is plenty of other choices.

English Springer spanial /cocker Spanial / King charles Spanial / Miniature Poodle / Definately foster a greyhound and if it suits they can then apply to have permanently. Lots of dog rescue organisations out there who would love to offer a puppy most of the pedigree breeds have rescue people listed. :)

Guest donatella

ROTTI!!

One of the young doctors at work have a rotting and with the hours she does he doesn't get many walks but she says he's happiest cuddling up to her or her throwing a ball, basically anything involving her presence really.

Edited by donatella

Greyhounds aren't good offlead are they?

Having kids, I personally prefer a dog I can let offlead, it makes life so much more difficult otherwise.

If they don't care about shedding, in my experience, Goldies make brilliant family pets.