Why Is It?

teekay

So I know it's not a good idea for dogs to excerices just before or after eating, so why is my 3 always want to tear round the garden like lunatics just after food?

Isn't nature supposed to tell them not to do this? Aren't they supposed to want to laze around and sleep off a full tummy?

Don't think my 3 have read the manual :laugh:

I think a lot of dogs haven't read the manual. I find it difficult to believe that a dog would sit around for an hour after chasing down prey before eating. Forr some deep chested breeds this might not be a bad idea but as far as I know, no study has linked exercise to bloat.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Zoomies :crazy: usually take place every other time of the day but not after they have eaten here. I find that may be the quietest time of the day here for 15 min's or so after they have eaten dinner :laugh:

Edited by BC Crazy

My boy gets the zoomies after having a feed. My own very uneducated theory (based on a guess) on this one is that it somehow gets the digestion moving, or something along those lines. I wonder if it relates to deep-chested dogs - perhaps settling the food to a better place in the stomach. As I said - all just completely unknowledgeable musing on my part.

Edited by Erny

My sister's dog wants to hump the others after she eats and the other two are trying to play while this is happening and I'm yelling at them all to settle down. It's like they feel the need to celebrate having had a meal!

My laundry where I prepare their meals has 2 doorways. The two youngest dogs (one a foster) like to run circles through the laundry, kitchen and work room as I prepare the food, but the funny thing is they run in opposite directions. My sister's dog does circles too but just at my feet in the laundry. Because of the direction she runs in my girl then dances backwards on her back legs in front of me as I walk to put her bowl on the floor. Beats me how dinner could be so exciting every single night!

Mine just snooze after having their dinner, we get more crazy zoomies after they've poo'd :confused:

Same here.

Perhaps it's to do with different owners routines? Having a deep-chested breed, I've always kept my dog quiet after meals. Usually he is exercised and then fed about an hour later, he is ready to sleep after eating.

Mad, crazy zoomies (complete with 'fast' ears) happen at other times of the day though! :crazy:

Mine just snooze after having their dinner, we get more crazy zoomies after they've poo'd :confused:

Same here.

Perhaps it's to do with different owners routines? Having a deep-chested breed, I've always kept my dog quiet after meals. Usually he is exercised and then fed about an hour later, he is ready to sleep after eating.

Mad, crazy zoomies (complete with 'fast' ears) happen at other times of the day though! :crazy:

Quite possible, I always wait about half an hour to an hour after walkies to give them their dinner so by then they're wrecked.

Fast ears :laugh: I see those a few times a day.

Same here Aussie :laugh: Well Stan does.Never seen a dog so excited about having a poo.I can hear him thundering up the back stairs and I know he's going to be manic for a couple of minutes.Although Stan does have a poo phobia so maybe he thinks its chasing him.

Same here Aussie :laugh: Well Stan does.Never seen a dog so excited about having a poo.I can hear him thundering up the back stairs and I know he's going to be manic for a couple of minutes.Although Stan does have a poo phobia so maybe he thinks its chasing him.

:rofl:

SM he may have run a faster race with a poo behind him, rather than a lure in front of him?