Our Battle With Osteosarcoma

silentchild

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very belated Happy 8th Birthday Emma. :birthday::party:

And a very Merry Christmas to you SC and Emma. They are fantastic photos and I am sure they will be cherished. She is such a cheeky girl, which is brilliant to see. Remember Emma, don't bite the hand that feeds you :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I haven't updated in forever, guess I should post to let people know how my girl is going. :)

Emma has gotten a bit more clumsy lately, she's fallen over several times in the past few weeks/days trying to be silly and of course losing her balance since the cancer leg isn't that strong. Just this morning she got a bit over-excited watching me prepare her breakfast, she tried to do one of her OMGYAYFOOD crazy spins and ended up Splat flat on the ground with all four feet splayed out underneath her. I damn near had a heart attack and promptly carved out my liver from my stomach with a knife. She let out a very bewildered whine and looked sheepishly up at me from the floor.... Thankfully she was none the worse for the fall, just like all her recent falls no injury was sustained, only I suffer from constant high blood pressure everytime she tries to be crazy...... at this rate I will end up in hospital sooner than she does!!!

EMMA

STAHP

Other than that my little trooper is trucking along well and lives life as vivaciously as she can, I think she gets some kind of sick joy out of scaring me witless. It must be a new game for her since she doesn't have much else to do lately.. Thanks everyone for thinking about us, Emma is holding her condition well and looks like she still has some life in her, so all your well wishes truly don't go to waste. :)

Eta. and a photo to prove she is still alive with the mischievous glint in her eye. :D This was soon after her fall this morning, with a 'What are you freaking about mom?' look on her face.

post-23932-0-00575100-1358740082_thumb.jpg

Edited by silentchild

Lovely to hear Emma's update.

She is enjoying terrifying you, cheeky girl.

Great to see she still has so much spunk and attitude and is enjoying her food so much... like all good Rottweiler bitches do :laugh:

Beautiful photo. She is such a love.

Lovely to hear Emma is doing well and doing her utmost best to keep you on your toes. Emma's story, your concerns, worries and thought process during times where decisions had to be made, resonated very strongly with me as my boy faces his own cancer battle.

Thank you for your honesty in sharing the good, the bad and the humorous.

• 2 months later...

Emma passed away peacefully in my arms this afternoon. She was not getting any better and in the end I decided it was time for her before her pain got too severe and she might suffer. We had a precious 8 months with her, when her initial prognosis was 2-3 months, so I couldn't ask for any more nor could I let her get worse. We were very blessed. She was a happy girl to her last breath. She had a great time sniffing around the vets garden and grazing on the grass. Just before the vet put her to sleep she was happily very distracted and interested in the parrots they had squawking away at her in the aviary nearby. So she was caught a bit off guard when injected and at the last moment turned to look at me in surprise, then went. My darling girl, mischevious and interested till the end.

The grief is too much for me write more right now but I wanted to thank each and every one of you for all the kind words and support in following Emma's story till the very end. Thank you for all the kind messages, phone calls and emails, even though I am too upset to reply to all of them personally at the moment.

Run free my precious girl.

Emma passed away peacefully in my arms this afternoon. She was not getting any better and in the end I decided it was time for her before her pain got too severe and she might suffer. We had a precious 8 months with her, when her initial prognosis was 2-3 months, so I couldn't ask for any more nor could I let her get worse. We were very blessed. She was a happy girl to her last breath. She had a great time sniffing around the vets garden and grazing on the grass. Just before the vet put her to sleep she was happily very distracted and interested in the parrots they had squawking away at her in the aviary nearby. So she was caught a bit off guard when injected and at the last moment turned to look at me in surprise, then went. My darling girl, mischevious and interested till the end.

The grief is too much for me write more right now but I wanted to thank each and every one of you for all the kind words and support in following Emma's story till the very end. Thank you for all the kind messages, phone calls and emails, even though I am too upset to reply to all of them personally at the moment.

Run free my precious girl.

Everytime I've opened this thread for the last 6 months I've been hesitant, worrying I'd see this post, but was always glad to see another happy Emma photo or hear about another cute thing she was doing.

I'm crying now, both because I'm sad for you and because Emma was gorgeous and she will be leave huge gap for everyone.

Run Free name twin puppy :rainbowbridge:

*hugs SC*

I am so sorry for your loss Silentchild - I had been checking each day lately to see if there were any updates from our little group. It' such a hard decision to make but I think we can see in your story that you made the right one at the right time and it was in Emma's best interests.

She and you fought the good fight, rest in peace Emma. :hug: