What If... Opportunity To Have A "bucket List Breed"

Guest Ams

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is gorgeous!! :love::heart:

How old is she?

I bet her ears feel like velvet :( sad face 'cos I want to pat them....

I'm tol they are lovely and velvety. She is 7 months old.

Ams I'm late coming into this thread but I just wanted to say that I think you could still contribute a great deal to rescue with your advice and experience, even if you are not fostering yourself. You helped me sort some things out in my head a little while back. As we often say to others, you can help rescue without having fosters in your house yourself (training, photos, breed advice, donations, transport etc)

:laugh:

I would like to meet her, but I'm not so sure about squishing that face! :o

Even the Peis have me intimidated! :(

Now - how are you going to get HER in your car, Ams?

She is big enough and young enough to get into the car herself. smile.gif Besides I got Tino in and he weighed the same. biggrin.gif Don't worry I will squish her face and you can play with her velvet ears. laugh.gif

Ams I'm late coming into this thread but I just wanted to say that I think you could still contribute a great deal to rescue with your advice and experience, even if you are not fostering yourself. You helped me sort some things out in my head a little while back. As we often say to others, you can help rescue without having fosters in your house yourself (training, photos, breed advice, donations, transport etc)

Thank you for your kind words and support. I'm glad I was able to help. I am hopefully always available for advice if someone thinks I have something to offer. I will still rescue pei but there will be four less at any given time. Of course I've several weeks before she arrives so I can stack the place to the rafters until then. embarrass.gif

More than one rescuer has turned into something else - breeder, show person etc. It's not a crime and has probably brought them much joy after many years of hard rescue work.

A while ago I did rescue many ASD

and big mix breed dogs.

Now all my dog focus in Australia is on two breeds, Anatolian and Central Asian.

I find through breeding, helping with a communication information network, and educating people about ASD/CAS (both those who decide the breed is for them and those who decide it is not)

that I get more enjoyment and personal fulfillment, than the case by case and limiting scenario of rescue.

I feel in my current position I am doing something better towards prevention and broader education and probably achieving more long lasting efforts to help future dogs.

So, what SSM said :) :

Edited by lilli

I agree, you can do just as much for rescue in backup and advice and still spreading the word. We can't save them all, and need to stop and smell the roses at some point.

I stopped a while ago, i got my much wanted breeder BT instead of rescue's full of health issue's and badly bred.( i too couldn't afford the price of one before, but i got a mature ex breeder).

she looks gorgeous!!!! btw

My problem with the bucket list is as i get older i would like to go back to just 2 dogs, but my list will always have a BT on it, then i need to pick either a cattle dog, grey/staghound, and a recent addition to my list after looking after Reddogs gorgeous on ones, a Rottie :)

Edited by juice

She's beautiful Ams I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with her. Just out of curiosity, and you can PM me, who is the breeder? I know one WA breeder who has lovely dogs and I was wondering if she was one of theirs.

Aphra I was sneaky - I looked on DOL yesterday to see what mature mastiffs were avail, found a breeder in WA and looked up their website. I saw they had a brindle girl on their website and I think it's the same one!

PS I just went and had a look at the mastiffs avail again and the ad is missing so it must be the one! I can't remember the breeders name so will leave Ams to fill you in on that!

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

Ams you will still be very involved I'm sure and don't think of it as what you can't do anymore but what you have achieved. A wonderful friend of mine decided to stop fostering for personal reasons but she had rehomed over 100 greyhounds. That's 100 beautiful greyhounds in 100 loving homes...wow to me that is an awesome achievment :thumbsup: You have and still will be invaluable to rescue. Enjoy your new gorgeous family member.