Help, The Beagle Got Into The Freezer

I've been out tonight and when I came home the freezer door was open and my beagle was waddling towards me. She's manages to eat 4 pieces of crumbed fish, 500g of chicken nuggets, 750g of mince, a double breast chicken fillet and 600g of steak, all frozen. She's not moving very well because she's so bloated, is panting a lot, wheezing and is whining at me if I move away from her. Should I be taking her to an emergency vet? She's stolen food before and it's never affected her like this.

I think metal chains and padlock might be better than velcro...

Vomit treatment? If the dog hasn't eaten anything spikey you can induce vomitting with salty water or syrup of icckycak (uppy chuck?) ippicac?

I talked to someone the other day - whose Lab cost her $4000 to get strapping tape out. And in with the strapping tape were hair clips, elastic bands ... I didn't tell her about the rock eaters I've come across. (Eg why is that dalmation so fat you could use her for a card table? Cos if I don't feed her enough - she eats rocks).

Norty beagle is right!!!! She has never destroyed stuff, she's just very very food driven. The only time she's good with food is when my baby offers her his toast. She never snatches from him, just licks it out of his hand and he giggles his head off.

She's got a fair waddle on her today!

I've been out tonight and when I came home the freezer door was open and my beagle was waddling towards me. She's manages to eat 4 pieces of crumbed fish, 500g of chicken nuggets, 750g of mince, a double breast chicken fillet and 600g of steak, all frozen. She's not moving very well because she's so bloated, is panting a lot, wheezing and is whining at me if I move away from her. Should I be taking her to an emergency vet? She's stolen food before and it's never affected her like this.

thats an insane amount of food!! :eek::eek:

What a little piglet!! glad to hear shes doing okay! I bet there was a lot of poops in the back yard the days following!

Couple of years ago I got a call on Christmas eve - come now and get the beagle you sold us two years ago. She is no longer welcome as she has broken into the outside fridge and eaten the whole Christmas ham and two roast chickens.

He is still here but our place is beagle proof . rofl1.gif

thats an insane amount of food!! :eek::eek:

What a little piglet!! glad to hear shes doing okay! I bet there was a lot of poops in the back yard the days following!

This was one of my first thoughts too! Poor thing, hope it all comes out okay (and unfrozen :rofl: )

Couple of years ago I got a call on Christmas eve - come now and get the beagle you sold us two years ago. She is no longer welcome as she has broken into the outside fridge and eaten the whole Christmas ham and two roast chickens.

He is still here but our place is beagle proof . rofl1.gif

Glad to hear your house is Beagle proof!

Although it’s a bit strange that someone would have a dog for 2 years and then give it away because it done something naughty! Sounds like the beagle is better off with your family!