Talk Me Out Of It

Teebs

All i can think about at the moment is getting a Puppy :o

There is a Bull Terrier litter on the ground I would love to own a puppy from... but then i think im not sure i am ready for another Bully and should go another breed... but then what breed?

on top of that, baby due in Feb, and with luck, a new house by at least the middle of next year, as much as I love dogs, I think it is the wrong time to get one and would rather wait till next year... if it goes well thats great, if Kaos does not like new puppy it will take some time to get them friends and ok living together. I am not ready to do that right now and rather wait till next year to be sure.

Someone just come and tell me right now that I am stupid and that only an idiot would be thinking of getting a puppy now, and how much i will regret it... because as much as i tell myself that... i still really want one :o :o

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even that your asking this tells me your not ready!!!

I'd be surPrised if u told the breeder all this if they would consider Placing a pup with you at the mOment.

Hold out till your 100% ready, enjoy Kaos and get ready for your busy upcoming times!!!

(You are) stupid and that only an idiot would be thinking of getting a puppy now, and how much i will regret it.

Don't think it will help but there ya go, I"ve said it for you. biggrin.gif

oh and whilst I think now is probably not the right time for a puppy I really really don't think you are stoopid or an ijit.

Edited by Ams

All i can think about at the moment is getting a Puppy :o

There is a Bull Terrier litter on the ground I would love to own a puppy from... but then i think im not sure i am ready for another Bully and should go another breed... but then what breed?

on top of that, baby due in Feb, and with luck, a new house by at least the middle of next year, as much as I love dogs, I think it is the wrong time to get one and would rather wait till next year... if it goes well thats great, if Kaos does not like new puppy it will take some time to get them friends and ok living together. I am not ready to do that right now and rather wait till next year to be sure.

Someone just come and tell me right now that I am stupid and that only an idiot would be thinking of getting a puppy now, and how much i will regret it... because as much as i tell myself that... i still really want one :o :o

Re-read the bolded parts of your post again, pretending it's someone else's post and not yours - what advice would you give them?

and this bull terrier litter is one i have been waiting for forever. I contacted the breeder ages ago saying i was very interested if they ever used this dog to get a puppy.

Damn timing :laugh:

Edited by Teebs

I think if it makes you happy Teebs - go for it. You'll cope with any issues that arise and you have been waiting a long time for a puppy from this particular breeder. Dogs enrich our lives and you aren't the sort of person that would drop the bundle if there were problems. I would do it.

My immediate thought was a big fat 'don't do it'. But then I remembered just how much time I had on my hands when Miss 7 was a baby. Aside from the tiredness there is not a lot to do really. I'd say it's now or wayyyy down the track Teebs. They get more and more time consuming as they get older. By 3yrs you don't have a lot of spare time for a pup.

thanks Clyde... i have been talking to a lot of new mums (friends) who have babies, one has a puppy and said no dont do it... but the others have all said how bored they are at home when bubs is sleeping.

We will be looking at having another baby probably 12-18 months after our first.

Damn, can i borrow someones new born for a few weeks, see if i really can do it before making my mind up? :laugh:

The other side is of course provided your current dog is dog friendly getting a puppy now while you have time to devote to it might be a great idea. At a later date when you need to concentrate on the baby and house move at least the 2 dogs wil have each other for company and I haven't found 2 dogs that much more work than one. Depends how much dog a Bully puppy is really, my own breed (shelties) I wouldn't hesitate but would have to think seriously if I wanted another aussie

Edited by cowanbree

Everyone is different. Personally, I am a massive mess at the start when bubs is just born - if I could get through the day in one piece I was happy :laugh: It was great to have dogs to walk to keep me busy, and prevent me from going insane, but I don't think I could have coped with a new pup and integrating with a dog aggro dog (I have one too), or do it justice with the training I have planned.

I am very puppy clucky now though with my youngest bub being 17 months old, I now feel much more human :laugh: and really keen to try out some of the training ideas I have learnt with Kaos over the last year. Luke goes to school next year so I will only have one at home.

You'll have a new puppy soon.....a human puppy. More work, more unpredictable, bigger, noisier and smellier. You do NOT need a fourlegged baby right now!!!!

If you weren't already up the duff, I would have said GO THE PUPPY and leave the skinkids to somebody else....but it's too late for that! :laugh: