Cheeky Checkout Woman

Kirislin

I think reporting the "incident" is reaaaaalllllly excessive. Since when is friendly debate, networking and small talk, even if at work, a no-no. Do i agree with the whole BYB issue, no. Do i agree with her stance on cross breeds as oppose to purebreeds, not really. But i don't really have any issue with asking the question, certainly not something i would want to get someone possible fired for!

Also bear in mind when debating the whole purebreed vs cross breed issue that the majority of pure breed dogs were originally created by crossing different breeds to create desirable traits.

I think it should be up to the employer to decide how they feel about the behaviour. If they feel the behaviour was appropriate, then they will ignore the report.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think reporting the "incident" is reaaaaalllllly excessive. Since when is friendly debate, networking and small talk, even if at work, a no-no. Do i agree with the whole BYB issue, no. Do i agree with her stance on cross breeds as oppose to purebreeds, not really. But i don't really have any issue with asking the question, certainly not something i would want to get someone possible fired for!

Also bear in mind when debating the whole purebreed vs cross breed issue that the majority of pure breed dogs were originally created by crossing different breeds to create desirable traits.

that's a pretty different caper to throwing together two dogs for the sake of it though.

I don't agree with what she did but I wouldn't have reported it either.

In most retail jobs you're not allowed to sell or give away stuff for your own gain while you are working. Would it be acceptable to sell drugs or solicit their sale while working. Regardless of her breeding practices she is breaking her terms of employment and should expect to be reprimanded

Yes, BYB are stupid and irresponsible. Yes she needs education. Yes it was stupid of her to offer the pups to a customer.

But Jesus Christ some of you people are out of control. Report her? Seriously? So you want to put her employment in jeopardy just because you know better and feel superior?

From the experiences of others it seems she will need a lot of official reports before they even think about shifting her to another department. She might get a good talking to, particularly if the reports build up. Regardless of what she is selling, it is inappropriate for her to be hassling customers and should be reported as it reflects badly on the company she works for. We all make choices and must be able to take responsibility for them.

It's got nothing to do with the fact she's a BYBer and everything to do with the fact she tried to sell something to a customer. I'd have reported it too.

Along with:

Do you have a rewards card?

Do you want to donate/buy raffle tickets in...?

Here are your free school vouchers (I have no kids at school anyway)....

Do you want.........

Just adding...

"Oh and can I sell you a pup too?"

.....seems a bit minor compared to what the employers make them ask all the customers! :laugh:

Guest lavendergirl

Can I please complain about all the people who pop out at me every ten paces at the local mall wanting to "ask me a question"/sell me tickets/sell me a "make-over" ? Now that really drives me :crazy:

I'd have just said something along the lines of 'Dont get me started on people who try and sell mutts, while meanwhile insulting the so called "purebred" parents from which said mutt is made.'

or something like that :)

It didn't occur to me to say something like that, I would have if it had popped into my head. I've been shopping at supermarkets for alot of years now, I must have been served by many thousands of checkout people. I've never had one try to sell me something before. I had one ask me if I had headache tablets, and I gave her some.

I dont think some extra training will go astray for this woman. Unless there's already been a string of complaints about her I'm sure she wont lose her job over this.

Yes, BYB are stupid and irresponsible. Yes she needs education. Yes it was stupid of her to offer the pups to a customer.

But Jesus Christ some of you people are out of control. Report her? Seriously? So you want to put her employment in jeopardy just because you know better and feel superior?

Because when I pay for my groceries, I don't want a free serve of bullshit.

Love it GM & totally agree :)

I love seeing how everyone's got different opinions. We're all individuals, we all handle things our own way. Ask 10 different people, you'll get 10 different answers.

Quite so. :)

But by discussing it and thinking about other ways to look at it, there is sometimes some benefit. Specially to us stress heads that sometimes do need to look at things differently! :o

Edited by noisymina

I always report incidents at check-out.

Whether its me being short-changed, them being too abrupt, or even if they are highly critical.

I don't go into shops to be abused, I don't abuse others when I'm there and I have a social obligation to others to see that they don't get abused either.

You know: What's the difference? "Do you wnat to buy a watch?" or, "Do you want to buy a puppy?"

Guest lavendergirl
1348105983[/url]' post='5963025']

I wouldn't report her either. Check-out operators have said all manner of stupid things to me but unless they are overtly rude I just brush it off - better things to worry about.

Generally, check out people don't try to sell you something.

Don't they? I have had the odd raffle ticket offered. It depends a lot on the tone of the conversation - it could have been just a casual throw-away line on the part of operator.

I have been ripped off $100 once at Coles I handed the wrong money by mistake because I was on the phone and she counted it and knew there was extra and put it in her pocket, I realised just after I picked up my bags and tried to tell her that I gave her to much and she abused me saying that I only gave her $200 not $300 so I reported her to the manager and to her horror she was caught on camera putting it in her pocket.

Seriously? People would complain?

I really would love to have the time and energy to get wound up over such insignificant moments in my life.

Fair enough it was a stupid comment to make but in the scheme of things, it's not a big deal and certainly not something I'd want to know I caused someone to lose their job over.

I have been ripped off $100 once at Coles I handed the wrong money by mistake because I was on the phone and she counted it and knew there was extra and put it in her pocket, I realised just after I picked up my bags and tried to tell her that I gave her to much and she abused me saying that I only gave her $200 not $300 so I reported her to the manager and to her horror she was caught on camera putting it in her pocket.

Well there are lots of things wrong about that situation. If you weren't on the phone at the checkout it wouldn't have happened.

BUT, the little thieving turd shouldn't have stolen the money and deserved being sacked and the possible criminal record. What a complete cow and sucked in she got caught.

I have no tolerance for thieves. :mad