Rufus&coco Super Skin & Coat = Livamol

Have a container of the Rufus & Coco Super Skin and Coat here to try out.

Opened it up and became VERY suspicious, so grabbed out the bucket of Livamol.

Yep, looks exactly the same.

Did some further close comparison on the ingredients and analysis - yep, is the same thing!!! :eek:

Guess I won't be bothering with the fancy packaging and super sales talk any more :laugh:

Edited by espinay2

Yeah was funny. Couldn't belive it when I realised it. Felt quite duped as I was just buying something I used and liked anyway, and generally paid a LOT less for! :laugh: :o

I usually check things out thoroughly before I buy them. That will teach me to be more vigilant next time.

But you don't generally expect a company to be passing off what is a well known, well used, long time product as their own and charging you way more for the privelige.

Edited by espinay2

I wouldn;t be paying $29 for 2 kg's of Livamol either. Not when you can buy 10kg bags for $49 and a 2kg for $15

Yep, have a 10kg bag and it has lasted a loooong time even with giving to chooks etc as well as dogs. Can't remember what I paid for it!

:laugh: at Vehs. Well they are French - and fashion is everything :laugh:

I wouldn;t be paying $29 for 2 kg's of Livamol either. Not when you can buy 10kg bags for $49 and a 2kg for $15

Yep, have a 10kg bag and it has lasted a loooong time even with giving to chooks etc as well as dogs. Can't remember what I paid for it!

:laugh: at Vehs. Well they are French - and fashion is everything :laugh:

Interesting...what did it do for the chooks & how did you feed it to them ??...sorry a little off topic :D

Edited by sheena

Just mix it in the chooks food/ feed in mash. Good for overall health and nice shiny feathers etc (a lot of showbird breeders use it).

Livamol is a livestock feed supplement. Very popular and been around for years. Just not well known by the average pet owner i guess. As mentioned great for horses, chooks and other livestock as well as dogs. Available most produce stores (or online etc) and some pet stores will sell it in smaller kg lots in plain plastic bags.

Edited by espinay2

Most of their supplements look suspiciously like the sorts of products you can buy in large, cheap tubs for greyhounds or horses :p

Bit of a scam then really isn't it if they are just re-packaging products well known to the industry rather than offering something unique as the marketing implies.

I note their products are now being sold in supermarkets.

Most of their supplements look suspiciously like the sorts of products you can buy in large, cheap tubs for greyhounds or horses :p

Bit of a scam then really isn't it if they are just re-packaging products well known to the industry rather than offering something unique as the marketing implies.

I note their products are now being sold in supermarkets.

Well.. I suppose they've seen a niche that can be filled very cheaply (but at high profit) so being a business, they're using that to their advantage. Package something in a way that looks more suitable to pet dogs (complete with friendly, airy-fairy descriptions) and it'll appeal to most people. A lot of the greyhound and horse supplements are packaged fairly plainly in white plastic tubs (that look very livestock-ish) that don't have pictures of frolicking dogs on them or much in the way of product advertising because for their own market, they don't need it.

While it's a clever idea (and one that gets a lot more use than you'd guess*), I think it's a bit unethical to exploit ignorance of cheaper (probably better quality) products. And on principle, I'd never buy any of their products again.

*A good example there is coconut oil. A 1L tub for humans.. $19.50. Compare to a 250ml tub "specially for pets" made by the same company, containing the exact same product (I checked, it's absolutely no different) and it's $12.50. So you're paying more than double the price- but one has "for pets" on the label so.. basically you're paying for the extra words.

Another good one is apple cider vinegar. Slap a dog sticker on the front and you can charge more than triple the amount for the same product.

How much livamol wold you give a dog? Is it per kilo of dog a certain amount of livamol? A friend used it on her horse with stunning results how long does it take to start working ie. see changes in their coats

When my dogs get it, I give one tablespoon each & they are around 20 kilo dogs. I just sprinkle it on their kibble & moisten it with a bit of home made stock. My chocolate coloured dogs fade because they are in the pool each day & then sunbake for about an hour to get dry. The Livamol brings back the dark chocolate that they really are, even though the top layer is still a bit faded ATM they look good. I was giving coconut oil, but supply was a bit haphazard, so I think I will stick to the Livamol daily from now on.