What Is Bitey Face All About?

Little Gifts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stafford Bitey face is pretty full on iv had visitors actually freak out thinking they were fighting when they were playing the sounds can be terrifying and (for want of a better word) wild. I find my 2 facinating to watch it is all pray type behaviour so not just getting the face but all points that can be used in attack situations.

Most occasions of bitey face happen here when its to wet to play outside for extended periods of time or if they have been at a show / trial for the day and crated for a longer then normal period, so for my guys its a way to let off steem with out being too full on inside the house :D

Same.. They do play hard sometimes.

Pav, now I need a stafford puppy - reminds me so much of Ollie dog when he was a wee tiny lad..

Very gentle bitey face with Dante and the 5 week old pups

week5playtime44.jpg

Aww, they're adorable... :love:

Mine love to play bitey faces too. (including sneezing breaks). :laugh:

They're also very loud when they play and sound like old men grumbling/groaning. :laugh:

OMG Bjelkier, your Sammies are to die for, so darn cute :) I have always had a soft spot for them. I'm a sucker for a BIG fuffy coat. Lucky I love grooming :)

Our bitey face games are really noisey. Very vocal our 2. We do lots of little breaks too where we pretend we are not paying attention to each other or we will take off for Zoomies . They hit their teeth together which is really loud & I worry they may break them. Its a versitile game that can be played virtually anywhere at anytime, standing up or lying down LOL. It's so funny to watch.

Edited by BC Crazy

:rofl: Love it TSD - Em's got the mad teeth and the mad eyes going really well there. :D

She is rather feral :D But only with Zig! She is just coming out of season and is growling at him in all seriousness as he tries to flirt with her. He takes absolutely no notice and thinks she's just playing hard to get. It will probably take about a month before they can play roughly again as Zig can never quite remember whether she's playing or deadly serious and keeps breaking off the game :laugh:

Very gentle bitey face with Dante and the 5 week old pups

Just BEAUTIFUL :heart:

:laugh:

Soooo- I wonder what the cat is doing when she plays "bitey" with the dog? And then the dog licks her ears for her. :)

Well you know how strategic cats are Noisy..... She's just figured out the quickest way to book in for an 'ear cleanse and pamper.' Works every time too I bet. :laugh:

Mine have very vocal bouts of bitey face too. Lola is the most annoying, she has this horrible high pitched scream that dives me nuts.

Sid is funny, he will go for her tail (probably because he doesn't have one).

Bitey face - you're doing it wrong.

7399853104_5e49392d39_z.jpg

Now listen here...

7399853708_e56681c490_z.jpg

7399853960_a34bc4e686_z.jpg

6884478276_cf1818c2b3_z.jpg

:laugh:

Soooo- I wonder what the cat is doing when she plays "bitey" with the dog? And then the dog licks her ears for her. :)

My old SBT girl used to love grooming my parent's old cat. The cat would be practically dripping with her saliva after it's entire head (including inside the ears, eyes, teeth and lips) had received a thorough licking. I have no idea why you would want to eat someone else's ear wax and eye goobers but clearly some dogs are into it and some cats like it!

Riley and Quinn are huge bitey face fans as well! (they are playing it as I type...) and as others have said there's also bitey leg, bitey neck etc. Riley hangs off the fur around Quinn face and neck sometimes.

They amaze me with the control they have, seeing muzzles drawn up in a snarl and teeth flashing looks scary, especially so close to delicate eyes and ears, but they never have any damage.

There is lots if noise as well and somehow it's at a pitch that drowns out tv noise matter how loud it it, how do they do that?? So annoying ;)

Riley likes to lick ears etc too. My old lady cat used to let him as long as he was calm and gentle, I think she secretly quite liked it :) Riley also likes to clean other dogs teefs for them! He sticks his tongue right inside their mouths if they'll let him and licks all around their teeth and gums...weirdo!

Sometimes I think mine (12 months and 6 months )forget they are just playing. Especially when the younger one had more baby teeth I was often pulling chunks of dried blood out of the hair around the others neck, where he must have grabbed too tightly and hurt her. Sometimes one walks away with a scratch, but I don't think it's intentional. It's just bound to happen with those teeth and claws!

Well you know how strategic cats are Noisy..... She's just figured out the quickest way to book in for an 'ear cleanse and pamper.' Works every time too I bet. :laugh:

My old SBT girl used to love grooming my parent's old cat. The cat would be practically dripping with her saliva after it's entire head (including inside the ears, eyes, teeth and lips) had received a thorough licking. I have no idea why you would want to eat someone else's ear wax and eye goobers but clearly some dogs are into it and some cats like it!

Riley likes to lick ears etc too. My old lady cat used to let him as long as he was calm and gentle, I think she secretly quite liked it :) Riley also likes to clean other dogs teefs for them! He sticks his tongue right inside their mouths if they'll let him and licks all around their teeth and gums...weirdo!

I saw a dog do that recently - cleans all the others teeth. Seems the Dingo in him has something to do with it. :)

Now - with some training I might be able to get the cat to groom the dog, right? :thumbsup:

Tess & Fleming do this (play bitey-face that is) of a morning when we wake up. It's all part of the morning routine :)

They're both about 10 now, and carry on like lunatics. Tess then gets so excited she starts biting her own paws :rofl:

Edited by MadWoofter

Tess & Fleming do this (play bitey-face that is) of a morning when we wake up. It's all part of the morning routine :)

They're both about 10 now, and carry on like lunatics. Tess then gets so excited she starts biting her own paws :rofl:

Max chases her own tail if Boston stops playing bite face :rofl: poor thing, she started out as an only child and had to amuse herself LOL

teeney, weeney bitey face

Is that pancake, pav?

Yep even Cakes does bitey face, she's progressed a little since those pics and has moved onto feet, with the help of my husband LOL

Tell me about it :rofl: She sounds like a damn jaguar when she does it as well.