Dogue Puppy Missing

DobieMum

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE READ.....I want to clarify a few details in regards to the vet clinic our Dogue De Bordeaux puppy was taken from.....this was not a security bungle.......it was not a mix up at the clinic......a kennel run incased in rigid, heavy metal wire at the side of the facility was pryed open and the pup pulled through.........this is in no reflection what so ever to the professionalism, quality of care and services offered at this clinc. I personally travel a large distance to specifically have my dogs treated at this clinic, I think the world of their staff and cannot recommend them highly enough. I will continue to take my dogs to Greencross Moreton Redbank Plains and I continue to encourage others to do so too.

Sorry but it seems some people have been getting the wrong idea in a few of the comments I have come across - this was a brazen act of break and enter type theft not any reflection on the clinc or the staff who work there.

As you can imagine the staff of the clinic are just as devastated and rattled by this ordeal as we are.

So to all the people with negative things to say, please don't. And to all the pet owners whom I have heard have been frantically ringing the surgery asking if their dog is safe to remain at the surgery, my answer to you is yes your dog is safe....I currently still have one of my own dogs, litter brother to 'Orange' who still remains at the vet clinic. I have absolute faith in there abilities.

It isn't Just on here Danny's Darling most of it is coming from FB and word of mouth. We have used social media avenues to highlight the pups story so she can be returned or receive the vet care she needs, not to publicly bash the clinic involved.

But people are always looking to lay blame, as the owner of the pup I do not lame any blame on the clinic so nor should anyone else...I blame the lowlife her broke into and in some form vandalized ( can't think of a more appropriate description, my brain is fried) the facilities in their pursuit to steal this pup. The clinic is just as much a victim in this scenario.

I hope you have better news soon. IT seems totally saturating the sate with stolen posters/info photos etc seems to turn up the heat enough that the scum decide it is to hard and dump them or return them. I hope this is the case here.

The vet staff would be absolutely devastated, their job is to help and fix animals they would be crushed by this puppy going missing from their facility. I fell for everyone involved and I hope the scum who stole her are caught and dealt with severly and puppy comes home safe and well.

I will go onto FB and share your page.

T, if you would like me to add her story to the front page of the Qld All Mastiff Breeds Club web site, please email me a photo, the address of your FB site (as I'm not on FB so can't look it up) and contact information.

Any and all publicity at this time can only help.

K

I have liked the Facebook page and shared the photo. And will continure to share it. I hope you get her back soon. :(

Have you contacted local radio stations and newspapers?

Edited by Cody

Hi Cody,

thank you for your help. It's important to continue liking or sharing her photo and story to help keep it relevant on FB news feeds, so that the story is not forgotten about or overlooked. we appreciate everyone's assistance and hard work that has gone into this.

As for other media sources - the local paper 'The Queensland Times' ran a half page story this morning and a small blip on the front page and we have also been contacted by Channel 10.

PLEASE READ.....I want to clarify a few details in regards to the vet clinic our Dogue De Bordeaux puppy was taken from.....this was not a security bungle.......it was not a mix up at the clinic......a kennel run incased in rigid, heavy metal wire at the side of the facility was pryed open and the pup pulled through.........this is in no reflection what so ever to the professionalism, quality of care and services offered at this clinc. I personally travel a large distance to specifically have my dogs treated at this clinic, I think the world of their staff and cannot recommend them highly enough. I will continue to take my dogs to Greencross Moreton Redbank Plains and I continue to encourage others to do so too.

Sorry but it seems some people have been getting the wrong idea in a few of the comments I have come across - this was a brazen act of break and enter type theft not any reflection on the clinc or the staff who work there.

As you can imagine the staff of the clinic are just as devastated and rattled by this ordeal as we are.

So to all the people with negative things to say, please don't. And to all the pet owners whom I have heard have been frantically ringing the surgery asking if their dog is safe to remain at the surgery, my answer to you is yes your dog is safe....I currently still have one of my own dogs, litter brother to 'Orange' who still remains at the vet clinic. I have absolute faith in there abilities.

I would like to second the above comments re the vet clinic. I am more than sure that Gerry and his staff are totally devastated by whats happend.

My thoughts are with you all during this trying time. Lets all hope and pray the little one is returned as soon as possible.

Edited by oakway

My earlier comment was because it never occurred to me that the vet would have sick dogs in outdoor runs. All of the vets I have ever used have only had small indoor cages so I was perplexed how anyone could take a puppy from one.