My Latest Foster "failure"... Harper

tdierikx

She is seriously gorgeous! You need to keep posting lots of picture of her! :D Her paws are cute and they do look quite big on her. Reminds me of my boy as a pup, when he had absolutely ridiculously large paws.

8145904946_a30a02600f.jpg

At 13 and a half weeks. :eek:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T do you know what her parents were? She looks like she could have Weim in her or something! LOVE the crazy eyes :laugh:

I was looking at her photos and thinking exactly the same thing Aussie3... but I think it's just her colouring that makes us think that. Her ears are way too small for a start... lol!

Here's a couple of pics of her mum a few days before Harper's litter were born - and she came to us like that from the pound. We have no idea what dad may have been - maybe some AmStaff cross??

25-08-2012-nswar090.jpg

25-08-2012-nswar083.jpg

25-08-2012-nswar076.jpg

All of the other pups in the litter look like Staffy crosses - 2 white with blue patches, 3 brindle, 1 black and white, and 1 black, and Harper of course...

T.

• 1 month later...

OK - after being totally slack about getting photos of Harper, I had a chance to do so today... and... ummm... she's grown a bit...

15-12-2012-harper-rex080.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex098.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex106.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex108.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex111.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex123.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex129.jpg

... and a couple with her brother Rex... he's smaller than her...

15-12-2012-harper-rex007.jpg

15-12-2012-harper-rex009.jpg

People keep asking me if she's a Dane/Mastiff cross because her feet are huge... even her back feet!

She is as big as Pickles now, and weighs 13.7kgs at 15 weeks old! I've had Rotti pups smaller than that at that age!

I don't care how big she gets, she is still my gorgeous baby girl! But I may need to get a MUCH bigger couch if we are going to continue to do couch cuddles of an evening...

T.

She wasn't always that gorgeous...

T.

She was a swan from the get-go!!!

Now she is just getting the Channel qualities - Kate Moss look-alike perhaps :D She is indeed stunning.

Edited by Kajtek

I'm really happy with her condition - she's eating about 3 times what I feed my adult dogs on a daily basis - and it's not always easy to keep condition on fast growing pups.

Check out the shot of her trotting off with the big blue teddy bear (that's a 30cm bear by the way) - doesn't she have the cutest little tight butt? *grin*

Her ears aren't that huge, and they do fit her head nicely I reckon... but I don't know when her feet will stop growing... errr!

She is 15 weeks old today, and has been teething now for 2 weeks... early bloomer in that department... *sigh*

Right now she's all curled up in Zeddy's bed while Zeddy has relocated to the floor... poor Zeddy can't fit on it with Miss Long Legs taking up all the space...

T.

Awww she's gorgeous T. Love the pics of her and her brother, loving the ears in the last shot :laugh:

So tell me, is that care bear stil in one piece or did it look like it's snowed in the yard? :rofl: I know it wouldn't last 5 minutes here with my lot. :laugh:

The care bear is still intact... apart from the fact that the really nice toys only come out for photo sessions (can't be having ugly/dirty toys in photos), Harper is surprisingly easy on stuffed toys so far.

She does give the tougher toys a really good workout at the moment though... poor baby has her big girl teeth coming through.

T.

I really don't know or can guess exactly what mixes of breeds may be in her... but whatever it is it's certainly a nice mix, don't you think?

She hasn't been microchipped yet - will be happening soon - what do you think we should list her mix as? The chip forms only allow for 2 breeds in the cross... *sigh*

She is also booked in for desexing on the 27th of this month... while she's still young enough to take it in her stride. I thought about leaving it until after her first season, but then I thought about the mess and confinement during a season, and decided I'd rather not go through that... *grin*

T.

Well - Miss Harper Long Legs is now just over 15kgs - at 16 weeks old! She almost fits into Pickles' travel harness now too. I think the only dog I've owned before that was a similar weight at the same age was my very tall and long Rotti boy - and he ended up being around 47kgs at a nice lean weight... errr!

Pickles is around 14kgs, Trouble is 28kgs, and Zeddy is 30kgs - so as you can see, I'm not averse to having larger dogs. The largest foster pup I've had was a Dane/Ridgey boy who was 30kgs at 7 months old, so if Harper grows to be a very large girl, that's not an issue... but I may need to get me an even larger bed to fit them all on - I don't see a queen sized bed fitting them all if Harper gets anywhere near Dane sized... lol!

T.