Pitbulls Bite Off Teenagers Ear In Savage Attack

k9angel

A teenager has had his ear torn off in an attack by two pitbull terriers in southwestern Sydney as he tried to save his pet.

The 17-year-old was walking his own dog in the Bankstown area on Tuesday afternoon when he was set upon by the animals.

He tried to rescue his dog but, as he did so, the two terriers attacked his legs.

The teenager fell to the ground and the dogs attacked his head, with one of them biting off his left ear.

Local residents at Lehn Road in East Hills rushed to help him and the two dogs fled.

Paramedics took the youth to Liverpool Hospital in a stable condition. His ear was found nearby and surgeons are attempting to reattach it.

He is also being treated for bites to his left leg, the Ambulance Service of NSW said.

The pitbulls were captured after the 3.20pm (AEDT) attack and their owner is assisting police and Bankstown City Council officers who are investigating.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2012/10/30/17/09/pitbulls-bite-off-teenager-s-ear

Poor kid and his dog. How terrifying (and painful) that would of been. :(

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Channel 10 said he was 19 years old. They showed him absolutely covered in blood with his entire head bandaged.They have the severed ear to try to reattach it. Didn't mention his dog :(

There was blood all over the road. It happened right outside a school.

How awful, I wonder what the history of theses dogs is etc...

So sad and terrifying for all involved. :cry:

Edited by MelissaS

I wonder how the kid's dog came out of it, the story sounds as though it may not have made it :(

I was wondering the same. :(

And apparently this all happened right out the front of a primary school as the kids were still coming out of school. :eek:

East Hills is a very attractive area.

Ian Thorpe went to school at East Hills Boys High School and East Hills Girls High School is a Selective High School.

I worked there for a number of years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It is an Anglosaxon enclave that is trapped in a time warp.

It is a very charming suburb.

What these kinds of incidents do is put dog attacks into context.

We should be able to disinguish between a nip, a bite and a savage mauling.

It speaks volumes to the issue of breed temperament-up and against-temperament overall.

And they wonder why some folk have issues with the level of dog aggression in some breeds.

So many of these attacks seem to be triggered by dog on dog aggression. Sorry, but from where I sit it's simply not acceptable.

Mind you, if you don't contain your dog, you don't deserve to own ANY breed.

Fully agree. I too, hope the dog who was attacked was okay, and that the boy makes a full recovery.

With the whole ear being bitten of, I would class this as a savage mauling... not sure what your point is here?

And they wonder why some folk have issues with the level of dog aggression in some breeds.

So many of these attacks seem to be triggered by dog on dog aggression. Sorry, but from where I sit it's simply not acceptable.

Spot on. The owner truly deserves to spend some time in prison. Both dogs need euthanasing, what vile monsters.

I can only hope the kid's dog made it but somehow i doubt it. The kid will be scarred for life and there can be no excuse that can justify this happening.

With the whole ear being bitten of, I would class this as a savage mauling... not sure what your point is here?

A very salient point chris the Rebel Wolf.

The criteria for qualification as a dangerous dog in Victoria is a victim sustaining injuries that require surgery or death.

In NSW a dog can be declared dangerous just for stomping in front of anothr dog, muzzle punching an overzealous admirer, or nipping some idiot who wants to run around and not share the footpath while a dog is out walking.

A more discerning mind set needs to prevail in NSW.

Monsters - the stuff of nightmares, that is what they are.

To me they are dogs who attacked another dog, then, transferred the aggression onto the human .Totally unacceptable behaviour ..and yes, they should be euthanased - however they are just dogs ..not monsters , nor vile .I don't care if the attacking dogs are SWF's or something the size of a cow ... they are just dogs being dogs ..unrestrained and uncontrolled dogs.