Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

'other reasons' ... on the 05/11/12 I submitted an EOI online , or at least I thought I did, and I had information that at that time there were no other EOI on him. A week goes by & I hadn't heard anything so I sent the pound an email last night. I got a call from the pound this morning and it appears for whatever reason that my EOI was not received. I was told there are a few on him now & that I could fax one through, but I don't have the facilities to print the form, and i'd be well down his list anyway.

I was told that 'he is popular and will likely go to his first choice'

I was just telling someone last night to brace themselves that despite the best efforts of breeders etc to educate the pound about Skyes & the sort of home they need, that the pound may just give him to the first person on their doorstep on his due date. ......

I'm not here to bag out the pound anyway. I know they have a difficult juggling act on their hands. I thanked them for the call. I'm just dreadfully disappointed

Edited by Arcane

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'other reasons' ... on the 05/11/12 I submitted an EOI online , or at least I thought I did, and I had information that at that time there were no other EOI on him. A week goes by & I hadn't heard anything so I sent the pound an email last night. I got a call from the pound this morning and it appears for whatever reason that my EOI was not received. I was told there are a few on him now & that I could fax one through, but I don't have the facilities to print the form, and i'd be well down his list anyway.

I was told that 'he is popular and will likely go to his first choice'

I was just telling someone last night to brace themselves that despite the best efforts of breeders etc to educate the pound about Skyes & the sort of home they need, that the pound may just give him to the first person on their doorstep on his due date. ......

I'm not here to bag out the pound anyway. I know they have a difficult juggling act on their hands. I thanked them for the call. I'm just dreadfully disappointed

Oh that's frustrating :/ When you submitted your EOI did you get a confirmation?

I do hope he ends up in a good home though :/

I thought he was going to rescue on his due date and they were rehoming?

I thought so as well donatella and Sheridan. Shmoo said in her post on the 7th:-

"An EOI will be going through for him from a Skye breeder I've been in close contact with. Either way, whether under adoption through the breeder or through our rescue group he will come to me and his rehoming will be done between myself and Skye breeders"

Can you please give us an update Shmoo?

Edited by Boronia

If the breeders are the first in line for the EOI maybe the pound considers them rescue and they can only take him if there is no public interest?

Perhaps so but you'd hope that the logic of breed specific expert adoption would apply before Mr and Mrs Joe Bloggs. But then logic so rarely applies these days.

If that is the case regarding dogs from Blacktown pound being sold to individuals before rescue groups/breed-specific homes I would have thought that some of the rescues would have posted that info in these forums before now so that a breed-specific-person could, at least, put their name on the dog rather than leave it up to rescue.

I was of the understanding that rescue would put their name on the dog and the dog would go to them and to be later rehomed to an 'approved' person/family.

My understanding is that the first person with an EOI and the full adoption fee for the dog will get said dog...

Rescue pays less than the full adoption fee, so are placed behind those who do have the full fee.

Hopefully the breeder EOI was placed for the full adoption fee...

T.

If the first EOI on him is from any joe blo & they still want him come the 15th, then thats who will get him. That is the way the pound works. If there were no EOI then I think he can go to rescue interest.

All I can do is hope that a breeder has the first EOI on him (in which case I believe they will have to adopt him as their own at the regular adoption fees) and then choose to rehome him if they choose to.

There doesn't appear to be any latitude.

We are talking about a rural pound aren't we, or at least a pound, how many worry about breed specific homes :(

Blacktown, which is in Sydney.

My understanding is that the first person with an EOI and the full adoption fee for the dog will get said dog...

Rescue pays less than the full adoption fee, so are placed behind those who do have the full fee.

Hopefully the breeder EOI was placed for the full adoption fee...

T.

Hopefully, but what are the odds.

So did we guys :( The pound took my name off without notifying me and apparently an EOI went in the same night glemhaith put hers in (and apparently is second) and another one after, which I discovered today and why I put in an EOI while I was there. Glemhaith was doing her best to track down the breeder and in the meantime (1 day) my name was removed :(

Edited by shmoo