Skye Terrier In Blacktown Pound

I thought he was already sorted last week, posts gave the impression it was all in hand, shame i could have put an EOI on him to buy him last week had i known.

I thought the same thing :(.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did we guys :( The pound took my name off without notifying me and apparently an EOI went in the same night glemhaith put hers in (and apparently is second) and another one after, which I discovered today and why I put in an EOI while I was there. Glemhaith was doing her best to track down the breeder and in the meantime (1 day) my name was removed :(

Shouldn't the pound reinstate your original EOI then?

It seems fishy to me too.

But can I please say that despite my best efforts and not really knowing what went wrong in trying to secure this boy for my own private adoption....If anyone reading this does happen to secure him could they please consider me to adopt him. I am still keen. Thank you.

So did we guys :( The pound took my name off without notifying me and apparently an EOI went in the same night glemhaith put hers in (and apparently is second) and another one after, which I discovered today and why I put in an EOI while I was there. Glemhaith was doing her best to track down the breeder and in the meantime (1 day) my name was removed :(

Shouldn't the pound reinstate your original EOI then?

No because I only put my name down as rescue :( Therefore I get bumped off. I did speak to the same staff member who did remember me visiting me last time and he processed my EOI, so fingers crossed if they decide to skip some names they do sensibly! :p

I put an EOI on this boy today and I am 4th on the list.

I put in my EOI at about 7 in the evening ,I was speaking with a staff member @ the pound @4 that afternoon he said that no EOI had been put on Dougal

I had to wait until I finished work.I then checked with the pound first thing the next morning to get confirmation they had received my EOI..... " yes " but was told I was not first in line, !!!!

I then compiled a generic letter outlining the characteristics of Skye Terriers included literature exerts and references to the literature so that it was perceived to be not my words ( Did happen to sneak in that we had 30+ years of Skyes in our lives).Sent it through, checked to see if they received it .....was told they do not accept letters ,pleaded my case asked for her to read the first 2 paragraphs," I see she said we will put it with his file"

I feel very dejected Surely common sense will prevail ?

I 'm not very religious but will be saying a few prayers ...will check with Blacktown P in the morning ....

I was quoted the full adoption fee.

Thank you Shmoo pleased that you are on the list

Edited by glemhaith

Shame my offer was taken up, i live 10 mins away and would have gone in person put in an EOI, and said i wanted to adopt him myself to get him first.

Communication seems to have been lacking in this thread, and its backfired.

Lets hope whoever does get their hands on him they know what they are doing and care for him. :(

Wonder who BP are pushing to the top of the list, smells fishy. :(

Sounds like it to me :mad

Shame my offer was taken up, i live 10 mins away and would have gone in person put in an EOI, and said i wanted to adopt him myself to get him first.

Communication seems to have been lacking in this thread, and its backfired.

Lets hope whoever does get their hands on him they know what they are doing and care for him. :(

Well the dog isn't at DOL. If you wanted to get the dog, you could have gone directly to the pound yourself and not rely on a thread on a forum.

I live 20 mins from the pound and thought we had it sorted but somehow, somebody got in front of us. Sorry if it is not to every bodies liking; any member of the public was welcome to put an EOI in at any point in time.

I am sorry I am not overly experienced in the workings of it all , not too many Skyes come through the system,. I am not a professional rescuer ,but I am a fast learner and I am learning a few things quite quickly.

I am just someone that has had Skyes be a part of my life for a long time, that has a lot of friends the same and we all try to look out for the breed we love

Edited by glemhaith

You never know, the people on the list may have changed their minds. I've almost never been no. 1 on the waiting list and yet have often got the dog after all.

That said, if it's a purebred you have to move like lightning.

I recently saw a young 8 month old Wire Haired Fox Terrier at BP. Contacted the only 2 breeders in NSW and it was definitely one of theirs who was desperate to get her dog back, undesexed though which is against BP's rules. Unfortunately the breeder spent some time trying to chase the former owner who'd surrendered the dog and by the time she decided to put in an EOI, someone had gone before.

I was notified that a wheaten was at a pound (Renbury, I think). I emailed immediately and put my name down even though there was no photo then rang to confirm they received my email. He turned out not to be a wheaten on seeing his photo. I emailed them back and withdrew my name. The lesson is, don't wait, don't negotiate, just stick your name on the dog.

It may also turn out that whoever has their EOI in first may be a great home for the dog... stranger things have happened... *grin*

T.

And you've had how many rare breeds?

Does it matter? What's with the theory that a general member of the public who adopts a dog from the pound can't be a kind and decent pet owner?

Just because the dog in question is a relatively rare breed, doesn't mean that the first person on the list to adopt it is less likely to give it a good home.

T.

It may well be a great home, i am still curious as to why BP 'lost' the EOI placed though.

All i was trying to say was had it been made clear that the EOI being placed on him was just a rescue one ( meaning you only get him if no one else wants him), rather than ,its sorted ,he will be comming to us, people who wanted him could have made the move themselve's.

He clearly wasn't safe and sorted, and that needed to be conveyed.