Something Very, Very Weird

yellowgirl

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds exactly like an angry brushtail possum to me :shrug:

I played it for the dogs and their reaction was prey drive- ears up, bodies tense, up and down the hallway trying to find the source of the tasty sounds and then back to bed as soon as the sounds stopped.

Honestly, I wouldn't be worried over it although if I had a dog door, I'd be blocking it off because if it was a possum and it felt trapped in there, it could hurt your dogs- possums can do a lot of damage even to a larger dog if they feel threatened.

Hand write a sign, nice and clear in black texta, and put it where it can be read easily if someone looks through the dog door....

"I'm watching you too....the police are on their way and your image has been recorded. Have a wonderful day"

:laugh: I was just thinking of something similar, but I was going to suggest writing F@#k off loser. I think your suggestion is better.

Both sound pretty good :)

I want first go at the horrible, creepy head poking through the doggy door first though SG.

It would be fun to hide your car so he thinks you're out and just quietly sit by the doggy door with baseball bat in hand. When his big ugly head pokes through....... Whumph!!!!! he'll be even uglier. :laugh:

Disclaimer

just kidding, I dont condone taking the law into your own hands, it's just fun thinking of scenarios.

That was close to my fun scenario Kirislin. In mine I'm inside with the bat when his head comes through. :laugh:

hey, YG... hope all went ok last night ...

All good Pers. Hope you were okay too. xx

I have 70 kgs of German Shepherds here I am sure would officially scare the crap out of this freak if he bothered to come calling again you are welcome to borrow!

Hoping the Police take this seriously for you.

Cheers Bianca. I'm going to take the dictaphone with me and freak everyone out at the police station.

I cant hear any words being spoken, some of you have got much better hearing than me.

YG have you got good neighbours? Can you tell them about it too and get them to ring you and 000 police if they see anyone going onto your property?

Do you have any friends with 2 cars, one they dont use everyday that could be parked in the driveway?

I'll have a chat to the neighbours today. There's only room for one car under the carport but I'll be closing and locking those gates from now on.

Hand write a sign, nice and clear in black texta, and put it where it can be read easily if someone looks through the dog door....

"I'm watching you too....the police are on their way and your image has been recorded. Have a wonderful day"

:laugh: I was just thinking of something similar, but I was going to suggest writing F@#k off loser. I think your suggestion is better.

Or answering their question ...

"yes, there is something scary in there..."

And see if that freaks them out!

:laugh:

It souNded like the tv (woman's voice at the start) and the growling still sounds like an animal....could even have been a wayward cat that got in.

It's definitely a man Caz. I've edited the first post to explain what we've discovered.

It's incredibly lucky that you had that dictaphone going otherwise you'd never have known your place is being cased. Kinda creeps me out to think what might be happening here while I'm out.

I know right!?! I would have had NO idea that anything like this had happened. It could have happened before for all I know. The universe always finds a way to look out for me, but geeze universe, a less creepy and confusing heads-up about this one would have been appreciated :laugh:

:eek::eek: Glad I didn't listen to that last night!! Hope your ok this morning.My two went ballistic when I played that. I would offer to lend you the greyhounds but nothing runs faster than a frightened greyhound.

Daytime is much better to listen to it Stans mum. Thanks for the offer :)

How :eek::eek: :eek:

I hope you were able to get some sleep last night. I thought the womans voice at the beginning sounded like it would be quite recognisable. It is quite distinctive. It will be interesting to find out what the police say about it.

It is quite unnerving knowing that someone has been in your personal space, uninvited. Your poor dogs got a huge scare too :(

I'm still having a bit of trouble actually getting my head around what happened TJ. So damn bizarre! But yes, my poor, poor dogs, what they went through and I didn't even know :(

I did wonder about an animal getting up on the kitchen bench looking for food however it makes sense what you are thinking YG and the person could have been trying to get the dogs to back off and shut up hence making such an extreme noise and deliberately "growling" to get them to do so.

I also thought that considering you have such unusual dogs and so many you may have inadvertently drawn attention to yourself around where you live and become a curious target. People obviously aren't scared of the little dogs...yep I think you caught someone casing the joint!

Hope you and your brood remain safe :thumbsup:

We've got to the bottom of what happened FF, but that still leaves a heck of a lot of unanswered questions.

I don't walk my dogs around here because of that exact reason, I don't want to draw attention to myself or the dogs.

Edited by yellowgirl

are you still living in the same place you were when you helped that mentally unwell woman a few years ago. Is there a chance she's out on the street again and it's her with one of her friends?

No Kirislin, I moved just over a year ago. Once my former neighbour was safe and being looked after I was able to move on. She doesn't know where I am.

Hope your ok today and to a bit of sleep.

All good tlc. My poor dogs didn't get much sleep though, I kept grabbing them and hugging them every five minutes.

Yellowgirl I do hope you got some sleep last night.......and the poor dogs give them an extra gentle hug from me.

Please report it to Police - they need to know that someithing is going on in your area....they may not come out but at least it is recorded.

Local Newspapers also do a Police Report type page and name streets where break ins occure. Yours is only an attempted break in BUT it should be noted as such.

Hugs were given all through the night Kadbury, I'll add another on for you today. I'm taking the recording to play for the police today and will also make an incident report.

I listened again and can hear her say is there something scary in there, and after the growl there is thumping and clunking??

I don't know what the thumping thing is Aussie, maybe he was trying to get his shoulders through the doggy door? The door would have made a noise if he'd done that. I'll have to have a bit more of a proper listen later.

are you still living in the same place you were when you helped that mentally unwell woman a few years ago. Is there a chance she's out on the street again and it's her with one of her friends?

Good call.

No, I moved a year ago SnT. However (just my luck), the lady I did the Housing Trust swap with turned out to be a rather unbalanced alcoholic. She caused a few problems especially in the beginning, the last episode was a few months ago when she turned up here drunk as a skunk. I was out but my dad was here looking after the dogs, thank god. I reported that one to the police and let her know that every episode would now be reported and hadn't heard anything since. I have a feeling this particular situation was random - I don't know why, I think they came in because it looked like I wasn't home. If it was anything to do with the crazy lady, they would have known that the dogs were here and the woman on the tape wouldn't have asked if there was anything scary in there. Will probably never know though...

Housebreakers usually don't make any noise though, they try to be deathly quiet so a housebreaker making that noise is very unusual. They don't try to shut barking dogs up but move to the next house.

I know Rev Jo, it's all too weird and creepy and I don't know what to make of it.

I just looked on ebay for fake video cameras and there are quite a few

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FAKE-SECURITY-DUMMY-CAM-DOME-VIDEO-CCTV-CAMERAS-LED-LOT-/270960329639?pt=AU_Home_Personal_Security&hash=item3f167e83a7

I would like to buy a couple for you Yellowgirl....they look pretty real to my untrained eye and would be easy enough to install a couple in very obvious locations.

Please take care of yourself and your little dogs.

How lovely of you Kadbury :) I had a look at them and for that price I will say yes. That's very very nice of you, thank you :angel: .

Gosh, YG hope it gets solved soon. My stupid PC is on it's last legs, sound has gone so I couldn't listen to the tape. Probably just as well lol. Good luck.

You know you want to hear it Pebbles...

I was voting clown or yeti or teleported Tassie Devil, but hopefully if it's a man he's decided your house is too hard after all and moved on. Good on Daisy for being so brave!

I hope so too Katdogs. I know, how brave was my little girl? :)

:rofl: hmm I could loan you Ness she is pretty scary yellowgirl :D.

Cheers Ness ...lol

Sounds exactly like an angry brushtail possum to me :shrug:

I played it for the dogs and their reaction was prey drive- ears up, bodies tense, up and down the hallway trying to find the source of the tasty sounds and then back to bed as soon as the sounds stopped.

Honestly, I wouldn't be worried over it although if I had a dog door, I'd be blocking it off because if it was a possum and it felt trapped in there, it could hurt your dogs- possums can do a lot of damage even to a larger dog if they feel threatened.

I've updated the first post to let everyone know the developments HA, it was a man. So creepy. The doggy door can't be blocked as I have special needs dogs here including blind ones. It's a bit of an art teaching a blind dog to use a doggy door and if it gets blocked or they can't get through it's very hard to retrain them to trust using it again.

Sounds like something heavy being dragged across a hard floor to me? ie outdoor chair scraping across concrete or tiles.

Shall be having a bit more of a listen later today SK and see what else I can pick up. The dictaphone itself is clearer to hear than the video.

In the move The Ring anyone who views a creepy video tape dies within 7 days of watching it, hence the advice not to forward your YouTube clip to anyone and to check in in 7 days so we know Aidan is still breathing. :laugh:

Typical, I still have to sit my neuro exam on Wednesday :laugh:

RIP all headphone users..

:rofl:

I actually listened to it over and over with high-quality headphones. If this is anything like Japanese movies, I'm in trouble...

:rofl: Make sure you check in tomorrow so we know that nothing got you during the night and whatever you do, don't copy it and forward it on to anyone!! :laugh:

Check in in 7 days.

I officially have no idea what's happening now :laugh:

In the move The Ring anyone who views a creepy video tape dies within 7 days of watching it, hence the advice not to forward your YouTube clip to anyone and to check in in 7 days so we know Aidan is still breathing. :laugh:

Oh crap guys, sorry to have killed everyone that you know ...

Hey did anyone get any interesting responses or feedback from sharing with your friends? (who may or may not now be dead within 7 days)

Edited by yellowgirl

RIP all headphone users..

:rofl:

I actually listened to it over and over with high-quality headphones. If this is anything like Japanese movies, I'm in trouble...

:rofl: Make sure you check in tomorrow so we know that nothing got you during the night and whatever you do, don't copy it and forward it on to anyone!! :laugh:

Check in in 7 days.

I officially have no idea what's happening now :laugh:

Oh crap guys, sorry to have killed everyone that you know ...

Hey did anyone get any interesting responses or feedback from sharing with your friends? (who may or may not now be dead within 7 days)

I got a lot of "Holy F@&ks" and then "Tell her to move" a lot as well

Typical, I still have to sit my neuro exam on Wednesday :laugh:

Instead of doing the exam you should just write a big goodbye note, explaining everything. Best excuse not to do the exam ever "Sorry I couldn't do the exam but Yellowgirl showed me a video of a dictaphone that is possessed and I only have 5 days left to live"

Edited by mixeduppup

You know, I was expecting more rational, informed responses from some of my friends :laugh: We did find a striking similarity between that noise and an impression of a lion given by a local animal behaviourist during a radio interview. Mostly just recommendations that I should have been studying, though.

The more I listen to it the more supernatural it sounds. And I don't even believe in that stuff. What a freaky noise. Whatever it is, I want to kill it for scaring your poor little babies like that. What good little darlings trying to protect their property. I wish they'd all rushed in together and bitten his nose off if it was an intruder.

Every time I listen to it, I get a fright when you turn off the dictaphone :laugh: sorry... weak nerve.

Sounds almost a like a male burp trying to roar whilst doing it. If this guy is a bit of a dick (which he obviously is) perhaps he scares his own dogs with this roaring burp and freaks them out. So when he realised he couldn't get in and they were there barking, he thought he might just try it on them to test the affect :confused:

Certainly odd... and scary :eek:

... and now I would add that the noise sounds like it is definitely made during exhalation as you can hear the short quick inhalation right at the end of it??

Edited by dyzney