Shampoos

I use and prefer Chris christansen and plush puppy. The white shampoos will enhance both black and white. Rinse with some sea breeze oil in it and it helps protect the coat.

Great Espinay, can I pass on my unused bottles to you? You're nice and local. Free of course, just need the room in the cupboard

Edited by Diva

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use and prefer Chris christansen and plush puppy. The white shampoos will enhance both black and white. Rinse with some sea breeze oil in it and it helps protect the coat.

Great Espinay, can I pass on my unused bottles to you? You're nice and local.

Very happy to take them off your hands! Thanks! :)

Just saw the question about diluting. I have a hydro bath do not an issue, but if you don't, put some shampoo in a squirt bottle with water to dilute it. It will make it easier to apply and it will go further.

Also when dealing with stained coat (red clay ) I mix the whitening shampoo with the PP deep cleansing shampoo.

Edited by espinay2

I have the equinade black shampoo. Not bad. I also have their purple shampoo. I first soak all the white up with the purple, then put the black through the rest of the coat while the purple is in the white.

Rinse out the black first then the purple.

Don't leave the purple in too long or it will stain

I have the equinade black shampoo. Not bad. I also have their purple shampoo. I first soak all the white up with the purple, then put the black through the rest of the coat while the purple is in the white.

Rinse out the black first then the purple.

Don't leave the purple in too long or it will stain

we are strictly a pangenics house here.. we wash 3 very different breeds in it and they all come out stunning.. the trick of this stuff is it works off the dogs natural oils to restore the coat.. I didn't believe it until we used it on Leo who used to have little faded tan markings and now they are coming back in full glorious colour!! his black is blacker and the silver is stronger too! like I said we swear by it

That's interesting smish, i've never found black shampoo to do anything (the giants can get a bit brown in the legs in summer with trips to the beach most days) so i tend to just use a whitening shampoo on them.

Does the pangenics affect coat texture?

That's interesting smish, i've never found black shampoo to do anything (the giants can get a bit brown in the legs in summer with trips to the beach most days) so i tend to just use a whitening shampoo on them.

Does the pangenics affect coat texture?

sorry Becks been talking to OH about it to make sure I get the right info. it works off of coat genetics supposedly so if you have a dog with a harsh coat who was born soft good chance is it'll go back to soft. this is what's happening with Leo who was a real tan color as a baby it's coming back in to him where as before it was a white/ dirty white..

amber it's brought her furnishings in thick and pusher then what they were before and her topline is tough as its supposed to be... either way were happy with the results

we are strictly a pangenics house here.. we wash 3 very different breeds in it and they all come out stunning.. the trick of this stuff is it works off the dogs natural oils to restore the coat.. I didn't believe it until we used it on Leo who used to have little faded tan markings and now they are coming back in full glorious colour!! his black is blacker and the silver is stronger too! like I said we swear by it

How do you think it would go on a std poodle show coat? And where do you get it from?

Works well for any breed, I use it both on my Lowchen and Lakeland.

Brings out the natural colours in the coat strand.

Is supposed to be good on all skin typed even senstitive!!

Best thing is after using the Shampoo, conditioner and hydrating spray... Your hands are soooo smooth :laugh:

I use Fidos White and Bright, and it is the best shampoo I've used on my girl so far. I've have compliments on her coat after using it!

That said, haven't used Plush Puppy yet (I want to, but still on my first bottle of Fidos and i can get it cheap from my work...) but Plush Puppy have great info on their website, explaining all the products and even grooming tips for different breeds =]

Have tried pangenics on a sheltie - and I know people who swear by it - and whilst it made the colours look great and the BEST whites I have seen, it softens the coat on a sheltie to the point that it is an incorrect coat for show. If I weren't showing the dogs I would probably use it, but it softened their coat way too much. I went to a friend's place and tried it on one of their retired show dogs who is known for his coarse coat - softened that too much as well. It LOOKS fantastic, sits well, colour is really good and their skin is great, but it just isn't the right texture.

My puppy has some whites that can stain a little yellow in front. I am reading this thread with interest.

I have been using isle of dogs no 16 whitening shampoo & their heavy conditioner on my orange & white Brittany. It has been really good but lately he seems to have developed a bit of a sensitivity to the shampoo, he gets quite itchy the minute I put it on him, it also doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to be, his coat is a tiny bit yellowed, I do love their heavy conditioner though.

So now I'm looking for a good shampoo that will whiten his white bit while still protecting the orange and that he hopefully won't react to?.

I will be watching with interest :)

Isle of Dogs & Plush puppy i have never found any good.

Both made the coats dry .

For whites i just wash the legs in green dishwashing detergent if bad or velvet soap.

Dazzle dog is great & add some white vinegar & works a treat .

Most enhancing ones i find leave it dry & you need to clarify more often.

Animal house whitening is fairly harsh too & i only used it on the legs if they where truly bad but i prefer to just maintain the coats & not have to go crazy with added stuff.

Isle of Dogs & Plush puppy i have never found any good.

Both made the coats dry .

For whites i just wash the legs in green dishwashing detergent if bad or velvet soap.

Dazzle dog is great & add some white vinegar & works a treat .

Most enhancing ones i find leave it dry & you need to clarify more often.

Animal house whitening is fairly harsh too & i only used it on the legs if they where truly bad but i prefer to just maintain the coats & not have to go crazy with added stuff.

I did find the Isle of Dogs drying on my own hands, which is probably whats affected Obi too.

I used the purina puppy shampoo but it didnt get any dirt off and made him coat feel quite rough.His white areas have started to come up a bit yellow so maybe I need to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any build up that could be there from the IODs that I have been using?

Then just be able to maintain with a gentle shampoo instead of using the whitening shampoo which is obviously drying him and causing the itchy n scratchy?

would the velvet soap or detergent dry the coat out a fair bit as well though? I wonder if the IOD conditioner is contributing to the yellowing, his coat feels so nice and soft afterward I use it so I hope not!

It was so much simpler before I got a show dog,a hose off in the backyard and the occasional hydrobath was the extent of my grooming then lol.