Okay, I Finally Snapped And Was Rude

Loving my Oldies

Love that you give kudos to the OP for being rude, but someone else is and they get a frowny face :rofl:

Probably because persephone and I "know" each other from DOL for more years than we care to rememeber and she absolutely and totally knows that I am most scrupulously polite and caring person.

You must have been having a rough one for whatever reason DD... I think you can be forgiven this time... *grin*

Nope, I am obviously horrible, rude, shouldn't walk dogs until late at night, and probably shouldn't even have dogs :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

I would much rather someone say to me "you have your hands full" with a leash full of dogs then a pram full of kids :laugh:

what a nice thing for him to say I would of LOL and said yes it is :laugh:

lucky you dont have a large breed and get told

It needs a saddle, watch out it will eat me for breakfast , or they say ..those dogs are evil :scold: or dont walk past you at all but cross the road . :bolt:

Now there are reasons to snap at the offender .

Then there is the really bad comment, which always got a rude reply from me. You shouldn't have that type of vicious dog out in public, my reply was usually, gawd there are some ignorant, brainwashed idiots in the world. Sometimes my reply was not so nice, just use your imagination. :rofl:

Edited by mantis

He was just trying to be friendly :confused:

I thought the same..

I get that all the time - if I had a dollar for every time someone said to me 'who is taking who for a walk' I would be rich.. But I it doesn't bother me.. They are just making conversation.

I'm sure some days the same old same old just feels intolerable. I know I used to be a doofus who went up to say a great dane owner and was like "Oh my dog, your dog is huge!" Well der, state the obvious! Since being around pei and people constantly referring to them as those 'roly dogs from the toilet paper ad' I try and say something more unique if I want to engage with someone like "Your dog has the most beautiful coat!" or "He/she looks like they are really enjoying their walk today!" so to someone like you Cyn who is capable of walking more than two dogs at the same time (I can't) I would say something like "I admire your ability to be able to walk your dogs together!" Because that would be the truth. I'd hope in return you might say something like "Oh this isn't all of them!" (and we'd have a laugh) or "We don't get far but they still enjoy it!" and we'd both walk on.

It's like at dog shows when a professional photographer is always looking for that cutesy photo of the biggest and littlest dog together like only cliche's are interesting to the general public.

I really don't think people who don't own dogs or who aren't around them just don't realise they are stating something you have heard time and time again. They just say the first thing that comes to mind. I know I used to think all kinds of stupid things about certain breeds because my experiences were so limited. Now I just love how different they all are and try and comment on their own individual beauty and personality.

I get that comment when out with my 4, 2 Coolies, 1 Kelpie & an Aussie Shepherd, usually answer with "we have our moments" & :), the other comment is "who's taking who for a walk", answer, I control direction & they control speed so we get to my destination fast :laugh:. There are some people you just want to smack in the mouth, you know the ones with the cat's bum mouths & the stick up thier a*se :rofl:.

I much prefer comments like that than people crossing the road to avoid us or grabbing their children in fear!

:)

Reminds me ('scuse the sidetrack)

Kieran was BIG , and brindle ... and he often got looked at thru fearful eyes ... so..

...bought him a really wide ,bright red collar , painted bright flowers & things all around it , and then bought a good sized metal teddy bear shape , and hung it low off his collar .... so there was a big brindle dog, with flowers & a teddy bear :) The kids adored him ...and their mums weren't as anxious :)

edit:

OMG. an apostophe catastrophe :o

Edited by persephone

I used to get that walking two Dobes and a Stafford, even just one Dobe and a Stafford. Quite often I would get "oh those are vicious dogs" when they are standing a few feet away.

I would say "well have they jumped up and tried to rip your throat out yet?"

The answer was always "well ....no".

"Well then they are not vicious are they".

" No I guess your right"

Quite often the monets after that saw them getting a pat and people commenting on how lovely they were.

We all have bad days and to be honest right now, the next person that says "oh, so you don't got to work" is going to lose their head! No maybe I don't go to work but I work a bloody lot harder than most of the people who say it!

Edited by OSoSwift

I much prefer comments like that than people crossing the road to avoid us or grabbing their children in fear!

Kieran was BIG , and brindle ... and he often got looked at thru fearful eyes ... so..

...bought him a really wide ,bright red collar , painted bright flowers & things all around it , and then bought a good sized metal teddy bear shape , and hung it low off his collar .... so there was a big brindle dog, with flowers & a teddy bear :) The kids adored him ...and their mums weren't as anxious :)

edit:

Perse you could hang a Mr Whippy van off my greyhounds collars and you'd still have kids running away. Not the kids fault...parents I'm afraid :(

I guess I look at it that two dogs, one person is a common sight but add more dogs and it becomes less common.

Of course people will comment -- it's the same as the stares and comments my mum got whenever she took us 5 kids out by herself. Her hands were full but she loved every minute of it!! :D

Perse you could hang a Mr Whippy van off my greyhounds collars and you'd still have kids running away. Not the kids fault...parents I'm afraid :(

:( yes..it is sad ...mind you, we were'country' .. so large roo dogs etc were not uncommon ..but he still looked a bit overwhelming.

Could your guys maybe have a vest wardrobe ..with all sorts of cutesy/decorative patterns ? Folks might see that , and check it out, while their brains are assimilating "large dog/not barking/not running /may be ok/" info ?

edit:

My big brindle staffy has a rainbow stripe collar and lead set with peace symbols all over it :D

:( yes..it is sad ...mind you, we were'country' .. so large roo dogs etc were not uncommon ..but he still looked a bit overwhelming.

Could your guys maybe have a vest wardrobe ..with all sorts of cutesy/decorative patterns ? Folks might see that , and check it out, while their brains are assimilating "large dog/not barking/not running /may be ok/" info ?

It's a bit hard when your dog has to be muzzled when out in public. Before BSL people would often comment how beautiful Kenny was, after BSL & muzzle laws, people just assumed he was vicious, because he had a muzzle on. :cry:

...ermmm .. weird/unkind comments?

As a teen living in the 'burbs, I had a Xbreed grey bunny, called Lionel. Most evenings, I would attach a long lead to his collar, and we would go up & down the street .

It attracted some interesting observations :p

I love small talk, I talk to old ladies at the bus stop about the price of stuff in the supermarket all the time. It's nice to get out and have a friendly chat to people. I usually smile and say "hello" to other dog owners too, only say more if they have an uncommon breed and I want to ask about it :p

One comment and probably the funniest I have had to date, was a guy watched me in a car park while he was getting his bike out of the car and I was putting my dogs in after a walk and he said. "Why didn't you just get one big dog". :laugh: I'm not even sure what the logic is behind that comment but I thought it was funny and he thought it was funny!

That is pretty funny :laugh:

DD, I must be a bit slow on the uptake, just realized who you were. :laugh: how long have you had the new User name? I had thought recently you were a new poster, shows how much notice I take, I just realized your post count and the bit under your avatar! :laugh:

DD, I must be a bit slow on the uptake, just realized who you were. :laugh: how long have you had the new User name? I had thought recently you were a new poster, shows how much notice I take, I just realized your post count and the bit under your avatar! :laugh:

*looks for other DD*

Me? :confused: I've always had this username on this forum :p