I'm An Expert

SkySoaringMagpie

My last foster was a nightmare for destroying things. Too many to mention but the one that got me was when a few days after he left I went to start the lawnmower and almost dislocated my shoulder as I stood back to pull the cord and the little plastic handle was not actually attatched anymore...cord chewed through. Stan is a master at opening the oven. I made the mistake of hiding (yeah right) two kilos of mince to defrost in the oven whilst I ducked out for a few hours. I came home, oven door open and no mince. Three months later everytime I go out the oven door is open, he still holds out hope that one day he will open the oven and there will be more mince...one can never give up hope according to Stanley :)

:laugh: that's really very clever. :laugh: I can just imagine him saying to himself, good, she's gone! I'll see what she's left for me.

Haha, that's awesome. Some dogs get left with a kong, Stan thinks he gets left with a whole oven :rofl:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dogs had an argument last night and I went to break it up and one of them accidentally grabbed me instead...but the following "HOLY SHIT" quickly broke it up. I was the only one injured, luckily.

photo19.jpg

Slightly OT, but we went to my parent's holiday house at Rye over the weekend, I took our Rotti x, and my sister's mates brought their 6 month old bull arab thingy (god knows what's in her). She's awful. Doesn't know her name, does whatever she wants and has no concept of being reprimanded. She also decided to take issue with our rotti x, who was being a really good girl and didn't retaliate until the pup escalated it (read: didn't know what was going on because she's a simpleton :)) When it escalated a bit, I jumped right in to separate them, and everyone was saying things like "oh, but you could've gotten hurt" etc. My response was that doctors are cheaper than vets.

Later on my sister said "I love spending time with other people's dogs, it reminds me that our dogs actually are really well behaved"

I swear at that moment I could practically hear them destroying stuff 80-odd kilometres away! :laugh:

I'm also an expert when it comes to health and nutrition... no really I am

It's not my fault they choose to snack between meals, dine on left overs from the garbage bin and put their feet on the kitchen table

LOL Is that a Weimaraner in the Shapes box? My Wei loves Yoghurt and tends to get her muzzle stuck in the little yoghurt cups. Raspberry is our favourite!

My last foster was a nightmare for destroying things. Too many to mention but the one that got me was when a few days after he left I went to start the lawnmower and almost dislocated my shoulder as I stood back to pull the cord and the little plastic handle was not actually attatched anymore...cord chewed through. Stan is a master at opening the oven. I made the mistake of hiding (yeah right) two kilos of mince to defrost in the oven whilst I ducked out for a few hours. I came home, oven door open and no mince. Three months later everytime I go out the oven door is open, he still holds out hope that one day he will open the oven and there will be more mince...one can never give up hope according to Stanley :)

:laugh: that's really very clever. :laugh: I can just imagine him saying to himself, good, she's gone! I'll see what she's left for me.

Haha, that's awesome. Some dogs get left with a kong, Stan thinks he gets left with a whole oven :rofl:

:laugh: I know. I have to board them soon when I go away for a couple of days. I might turn up with Maddie and her stuffed kangaroo...oh and do you mind if Stan brings his oven.

I am an expert at not treating my dogs like little people in fur suits, and would never dress them up just so friends could take silly photos....

I take pure bred dogs and sighthound dignity very seriously and would never take a photo like that. :angel:

Mmm. Right.... probably wasn't your hat either! :laugh:

I am an expert at not treating my dogs like little people in fur suits, and would never dress them up just so friends could take silly photos....

I take pure bred dogs and sighthound dignity very seriously and would never take a photo like that. :angel:

Mmm. Right.... probably wasn't your hat either! :laugh:

:D

I am also an expert in expressing my dislike of dressed up dogs ...

but sometimes , if the hat fits ...a court post-1359-0-66310100-1352683452_thumb.jpg jester just has to have his trademark! :)

I also think that dogs should not be dressed up like people. Seriously, I'm not a fan. Coats for warmth (with a little style thrown in) are one thing...

Clearly, I have no idea who was responsible for this lapse in judgement, including taking the photo.

8189926987_0e56ca6317.jpg

but sometimes , if the hat fits ...a court post-1359-0-66310100-1352683452_thumb.jpg jester just has to have his trademark! :)

I also think that dogs should not be dressed up like people. Seriously, I'm not a fan. Coats for warmth (with a little style thrown in) are one thing...

Clearly, I have no idea who was responsible for this lapse in judgement, including taking the photo.

Agree totally...see sig :)

:cool:

:D

:laugh: I know. I have to board them soon when I go away for a couple of days. I might turn up with Maddie and her stuffed kangaroo...oh and do you mind if Stan brings his oven.

OMG! His oven....LMAO!

Stan is a hero!

I'm also an expert when it comes to health and nutrition... no really I am

It's not my fault they choose to snack between meals, dine on left overs from the garbage bin and put their feet on the kitchen table

LOL Is that a Weimaraner in the Shapes box? My Wei loves Yoghurt and tends to get her muzzle stuck in the little yoghurt cups. Raspberry is our favourite!

No that's a Greyhound, they are renowned for their brains and beauty. This one was beautiful but functioned on pea size brain matter