Unusual Names

Whipitgood

"CHASE, dont chase the cats!!" .... :eek:

Could get confusing for the poor boy! :laugh:

I like Jag.

Writing all these down!

My boy dog is called Squirt..... Not very regal, I guess. :D

He's a Chi, and when I first had him and was trying to think of a name, I would say "Oi, come here you little squirt" ... and before I had a chance to pick a proper name, he was answering to Squirt.. :o

ETA: How about Chase, Sprint, Jag?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a male whippet should be called Zedley....(originally off the Magic Roundabout I think).

Zebedee - I used to watch it as a kid.

There are two whippets around here called 'Speedy' and 'Gonzales'. The guys timing is not very good and both his dogs think they are called 'Yes'.

For a fast dog what about Veight or some variation of spelling of? You could have 3 named: 'V8' 'Turbo' and 'Charge' :D

Fluffy.... 'cause he's not!

Bruce. Because he is born to run ( though you don't want human names. So you could call him Boss. )

Xpress. No stopping!!

Bolt. Fast runner!!!

Fly. Goes so fast he almost does.

I had a dog called Zebedee growing up. Zebby for short.

I have also had a Halley - named after the comet.

Twistie (one of our cats) because life is pretty straight without her.

Edited by espinay2

Haha that's awesome!

I like Zebedee too but that was the name of my hubby's beloved cat that one of my dogs killed :-/ so ill steer clear of that one I think.

Fluffy.... 'cause he's not!

Bruce. Because he is born to run ( though you don't want human names. So you could call him Boss. )

Xpress. No stopping!!

Bolt. Fast runner!!!

Fly. Goes so fast he almost does.

I had a dog called Zebedee growing up. Zebby for short.

I have also had a Halley - named after the comet.

Twistie (one of our cats) because life is pretty straight without her.

My first thought about whippets was that they are speedy dogs so Gonzales came to mind automatically. There are thousands of dog names if you google. Try typing in a theme or country you like for some more unusual ones or maybe something like names of volcanoes.

Gambol is another one of my favourite names

People I worked for yrs ago had a Whippet named Flo Jo after the runner Florence Griffith Joyner who was prolific at the time. Gawd, showin' my age ....

I love human names...what's wrong with Stan :D

Do you have a favourite city in the world or a town that you love? A girl up the road has a dog called Byron because she loves Byron Bay. Devon just reminds me of devon and tomato sauce sandwiches. I know someone with 3 JRT's, two boys and a girl called Kurt, Leon and Jane...Russell :laugh:

ETA Wobbly on DOL's dog is named Jarrah and she is boootiful, I have met her :love:

Edited by stans mum

Do you have a favourite city in the world or a town that you love? A girl up the road has a dog called Byron because she loves Byron Bay. Devon just reminds me of devon and tomato sauce sandwiches. I know someone with 3 JRT's, two boys and a girl called Kurt, Leon and Jane...Russell :laugh:

I have a Boston, because I love Boston :D (but he's a pug, not a boston, lol)

I know a pug called Knuckles, and I think that is the best name ever. She's a black girl pug and it's just an awesome name!

I love Stan for a Grey, stans mum, I think it's very cool. Like stan the man :)

My brother & family have a beautiful Havanese callled Lola which I just love & it so suits her. She's

adorable.

A great friend of mine has a dachshund called Lola...because she is a showgirl :laugh: We bust out a bit of Barry Manilow's Copacabana and she does this funny little dance :o

Minimax Boston is a great name.

I like weird names too I've got these on my possible next puppy name list:

Regal,Royal, Chivalry, Verity, Valiant,Civil, Celerity, Polaris, North, Viking, Swift, Nimble, Chimera, Cult, Sabbath, Pagan, Musique, Taika.

At the moment I have a Dante (the most normal name), Alchemy, Beowulf, Daenerys, Ahti and Seti

These are Finnish yeah? I like those names :)

I like human names, I want to get a cute little dog and call it Bruce.

Edited by Aussie3

I had a relative who called their dog "Shed". Because... It lived in the shed.

Gee that's sad :mad:cry:

My Grandparents had a black Labrador called "Nigger" :eek:

OMG, so did we. Can hardly believe it today. However, in "those days" it just meant black. No race connotations at all.

Naturally Stan is perfect: the name and the dog :thumbsup::thumbsup: