My Heart Beat At My Feet, Bella Donna

Nic.B

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bella's lump removal went very well overall, while she was still under she had a dental early. As Bella is an old duck I did not want to put her through another anaesthetic.

I was in the city today until 4.30pm so there were endless calls between my vet and I.

After surgery our vet believes the lumps are benign fatty lumps, we should have further results soon though.

Bella is doing well, still groggy though has had a wee, is drinking well, some yogurt and is settled in my bed.

Poor little soul has had half her coat shaved, we have three suture lines to keep an eye on until the stiches are removed.

Thank you for your kinds wishes and support. I ADORE this little girl, Bella is one in a million and special beyond words in more ways than one.

After Bella went to bed I hid away and cried for hours with the worry and fear. I woke up with golf ball eyes and was a nervous wreck all morning.

You would think that by now I would have learnt to be realistic and logical!

I am so happy my baby girl is home safe and sound with me and doing so well. Fingers crossed for further results all coming back great.

Thank you Pers, I don't think I can ever put into words how much this little girl means to me.

'Aunty Kirsten' (Bella's vet nurse) is amazing, she too adores our Bella Donna. Bella has the phone put up to her ear at the vets so that she can hear my voice and she loves it.

She is such an amazing, strong, healthy little girl. I am very lucky as she looks and behaves like a two year old.

Fingers crossed the results are good and we have many more years ahead of us.

I think we will both sleep very well tonight xxx

Nic I don't think any of us is realistic and logical about our lovely dogs - know I'm not. But very good to hear she's home safe with you. That means such a lot. :D

Me two. Bella slept ok. She cried last night and was wrestless in her sleep all night. I had to keep tapping Bella on the shoulder in the middle of the night as she was very 'expresive' during sleep.

Little bug has had BBQ chook for breaky (in bed) yogurt for a snack, puppy milk and honey and we are working on dinner now.

I have got some photos though am not able to post them as I don't know how. If anyone is up for it I can send them through.

Thank you for your great support, I love my Bella and I am so happy she is home.

Nic I don't think any of us is realistic and logical about our lovely dogs - know I'm not. But very good to hear she's home safe with you. That means such a lot. :D

Oh I agree and I love my babies so much (even they are bandits at times!)

:thumbsup: Still sending the healing vibes for Bella and a gentle hug for you as well.... :)

Bella and I send big hugs for you as well Kadbury.

Naughty little bug is not feeling very well and has slept in my bed most of the day today. I know if she was up to it she would hop out of bed and get up to no good somewhere. At least to watch the chooks and ducks....

Dear soul, I will keep a close eye out. Needlees to say my entire day has revolved around my little heart beat and even though she is an old duck I think somehow Bella Donna will be ok.