Quick Question On Behalf Of Non-member:

dog geek

This from a FB pal:

"I hope someone's up, Widget is in so much pain from teething. We're tried iceblocks, frozen chew toys, peanut butter on gums...everything we've read to do. Poor girl is crying and can't get to sleep and is of course very cranky. Is there anything I can do to help her?"

It would be on a Sunday, wouldn't it!!

This is for a six-month old Pom - I am going to recommend she be taken to the vet as that does not sound normal to me... I would be having a look inside the mouth, too, in case there is something caught; any other advice??

I agree with the vet visit....crying like that doesn't seem normal to me either.

I once had a dog that got a piece of plastic caught in her mouth that was very hard to see/feel and she was pawing at her mouth and shaking her head so I would say that if it were teeth the pup would display similar symptoms.

Good luck with the little one.

One of my Burmese cats had a really bad time teething and was shredding her gums with the pain. The receptionist at the vet clinic was very dismissive but we took her in anyway. Some good painkillers and taping her paws got her through it, poor darling. Oh and I was 14 at the time. Willow had to be supervised so was permitted in my bedroom at night. Mum had previously insisted she sleep in the back room. Willow spent the next 18 years snuggled in and on my bed whenever she wished :laugh:

I have never heard of a puppy crying with pain while teething so a vet visit is a must. If it fact it is just sore gums from teething, Bonjella for human babies can help. I have used it on puppies who are finding it hard to chew with a sore mouth.

I would be concerned about a foreign body in the mouth..has your friend checked carefully around the mouth & gums & the roof of the mouth (inc case something has bridged itself on the upper jaw)

Must say Ive never seen a pup cry with teething..only me when they have chosen to chew on something I treasure. I would seek vet advise as others have recommended. Hope it goes well.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking her to the vet would be the wisest thing and a quick peek inside her mouth wouldn't be such a bad idea either. Anyway, I had a puppy that was crying almost every day too. My family and I were crate training her but we would hear her wails all over the house. The only way she would shut up is when we let her inside the house.

Once, the crying was so bad that we had to hear it even at night. The next day, we were surprised to have had silence. We checked her out to see if there was anything wrong. It turned out that she sort of lost her voice due to her days of crying. It came back after a few days of keeping quiet though.

Taking her to the vet would be the wisest thing and a quick peek inside her mouth wouldn't be such a bad idea either. Anyway, I had a puppy that was crying almost every day too. My family and I were crate training her but we would hear her wails all over the house. The only way she would shut up is when we let her inside the house.

Once, the crying was so bad that we had to hear it even at night. The next day, we were surprised to have had silence. We checked her out to see if there was anything wrong. It turned out that she sort of lost her voice due to her days of crying. It came back after a few days of keeping quiet though.

you were crate training her outside the house??????????

Anyway, I had a puppy that was crying almost every day too. My family and I were crate training her but we would hear her wails all over the house. The only way she would shut up is when we let her inside the house.<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);"><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247);">Once, the crying was so bad that we had to hear it even at night. The next day, we were surprised to have had silence. We checked her out to see if there was anything wrong. It turned out that she sort of lost her voice due to her days of crying. It came back after a few days of keeping quiet though.

:( :( This does not read well.

Guest donatella

Bloody hell!! if you wanted to keep an animal in a cage outside you should have gotten a rabbit, this sounds barbaric, poor little puppy!!

Guest donatella

Bloody hell!! if you wanted to keep an animal in a cage outside you should have gotten a rabbit, this sounds barbaric, poor little puppy!!

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

Guest donatella

• 3 weeks later...

you were crate training her outside the house??????????

hey MarieEvans are you ever going to reply to my question and others who were also concerned with what you were doing with your pup?