mixeduppup

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep -

Zamba is Zug Zug (as am I these days on DOL) - 12 years ago my husband wanted this to be her real name but the rest of the family said "NO!", but it stuck nonetheless

Pasha is Harry (because he's hairy)

My daughter's dog Arya is 'Roafy Roaf' because when she was young she stole a 'Roaf' of bread and looked very silly while holding it, as if she was saying 'look at my roafy roaf'

It's the really silly things that stick with you :)

Of course they all get called 'little buddy' and 'sweetheart'

Edited by Zug Zug

funny but mine have changed since we've been fostering and there has been more proper name useage. the little foster girl, a shar pei we have has always had lots of nicknames.

dimples - pimples, doodle-bug, baby girl, bubby girl, noodle, dumpling, wrinkle face, whiny girl, mona, dilly and a wole heap of actual cantonese names that represent her origins and characteristics like li-lui which means strong girl or chi-long-gou which sort of means wrinkle face dog or ling-ling which means sound x 2. we also have sorr-mihn which means silly noodle. worrying noodle would suit her more but i haven't translated and checked that one yet! i figured she should know some of her native language.

the only name she responds to is dimples though. she reckons the rest mean dinner is now served.

Oh I do

Honbun is Honey, Bunny, Honbunny The Beloved, you b****, Oi

Kajtek is Kaj, Taj, Kajtek without pants all naked, Oi

Kluska is Tunnia, Funnia, Funnia the little one, Oi

They happily respond to all above :laugh:

Edited by Kajtek

Kenzie gets: Munchkin, Baby-girl, Kenzie-pants, Kenzie-Kenz, Kenz, she used to get Rathbag but I don't have to call her that anymore!!

Hamish gets: Buddy, Trouble, Baby-boy, and at work a couple of people call him Mishy!

Old Emma (when she was around) got: Miss Emma and pretty much that was all she ever needed!!

The cats...

Oliver: Bubba (which he answers to with as much regularity as his name!)

Poppet: used to get Stinky Minky when he was a baby, now he just gets Little One!

:laugh: I noticed a few Boobies!

I posted mine in the other thread (that was nearly a year ago?? :eek: ) but will go again, they've probably changed a bit. Here are the current popular ones:

Saxon - Saxxy, Saxamaphone, fluffhead, scruffhead, scruffy, cuteness

Riley - Rileypants, Rileyface, pointyface, fluffhead, burpy

Quinn - Boofhead, boofy, Quinny, Quinny Quinston, Missy

Charlie (the cat) - Puddin, furry, furry purry

ETA - the dogs seem to know some of their nicknames but they know all of Charlie's plus his real name, and if I mention any of them they run off looking for him :laugh:

Edited by Simply Grand

We call our two a variety of silly nicknames, collectively they are known as the Goons, for my hubby's last Birthday I had a calligram made of the two of them - he is really hard to buy gifts for and I thought it would make a nice pressie. The lady making it asked for thirty words for each dog comprising of their nicknames, descriptive words about them, their habits and any other quirks I could think of. My initial thoughts were no way, I'll never come up with that many. Ended up having to cull the list, this was the result - soooo many silly names. :laugh:

post-35855-0-50837900-1354620410_thumb.jpg

They get their nicknames more often than their real names.

Elvis: Elvie, Elbie, Bert, Bertie, Boy, Buddy.

Tinny: Ding dong or just plain old Tin.

Harri: Hazza, Haz, Buddy, Spazz, Roughie, Roughnut, Harri Ho, Yo Ho.

Luna: Loop, Loopy, Lulu, Noodle, Loopy lu.

One of my cats gets Gingernuts, well because where his uh 'nuts' used to be is ginger :laugh:.

Edited by Clover

My mum had a poodle called Quazi, so we used to call him Quazi moto. She now has another poodle called Harry, so we call him Harry moto! They're ridgeback is buck, but often gets bucket.

We also had a Great Dane x called Kahna. She had about a hundred names, but mostly kahny Bingo, ginko, narny noo, winky, balingo.

Zhus our Mastiff was boonda, bazinga, zooper dooper, handsome, smoochy boy, zhuza