Sweet Mama Dog Interacting With A Beautiful Child With Downs

Tara and Sam

I've been reading all these books on dog behaviour and communication etc - I can no longer watch a video like that and just go 'aww', I can't help trying to interpret every slight movement.. it's ruined me! :laugh:

I've been reading all these books on dog behaviour and communication etc - I can no longer watch a video like that and just go 'aww', I can't help trying to interpret every slight movement.. it's ruined me! :laugh:

I'm with you. After having my own dog attacked by another dog (both dogs were on-lead), I know how quickly things can go to "okay" to "not okay". Sorry to be a spoilsport, particularly at this time of year, but several times I cringed, both for the dog and the child.

Not to mention the right to life propaganda written over the top.

Yeah.. I didn't notice much of the actual clip because I was too busy being annoyed by the messages. I wonder if they apply the same logic to women who become pregnant from rape. I mean, they said it themselves, "god doesn't make mistakes" :mad

:o same here .. the toddler wasn't terribly impressed with the whole idea .. :(

Very nice dog though :)

Nope, I didn't like it. The child was trying to get away from the dog most of the time, except for the one time he almost climbed on the dog's head. He was trying to get away and to stop the dog reaching out for him. Admittedly the dog was being gentle (as far as we can tell seeing it was all in very slow motion), but he had huge feet and legs compared with the little child.

Not to mention the right to life propaganda written over the top.

Yep, makes me sick.

What is a "Mama Dog"? I didn't see any puppies?

I also thought the child looked to be trying to "escape" the dog and kept on pushing its paw off himself. If it was a child cornering a dog like that there would be an outcry :p

ETA: I just read the clip description on youtube and I gotta say, they are doing a really great job of projecting their own emotions onto that dog!

Edited by BlackJaq

I must admit I didn't see the clip right to the end but it is funny I didn't notice the writing on the top as folks are saying I must have been to busy watching the lovely Lab.

I did think the child was trying to get up & away from the dog at one stage. Funny how sometimes we all see things differently isn't it? The Lab was just a lovely dog.

Here is the original clip without all the horrific editing ;)

http://youtu.be/kHHDKvuJFSA

OMG!! I read some of the comments below the original clip. Sheesh - and I shocked and disheartened by some of the things people on DOL say.

Yes, the dog was beautiful and gentle, but I don't think they were doing the child any favours by letting the interaction continue.

Here is the original clip without all the horrific editing ;)

http://youtu.be/kHHDKvuJFSA

OMG!! I read some of the comments below the original clip. Sheesh - and I shocked and disheartened by some of the things people on DOL say.

Yes, the dog was beautiful and gentle, but I don't think they were doing the child any favours by letting the interaction continue.

Which comments were those?

I had a brief read through but Youtube comments.. they're usually so profoundly stupid that I can't get through more than a couple without the assistance of a lot of wine.

I had a brief read through but Youtube comments.. they're usually so profoundly stupid that I can't get through more than a couple without the assistance of a lot of wine.

Lol THIS! Youtube comments make my eyes bleed.

i dont; no wat u men by ths tey r alwasy purfactly ligib1e wth xlent dickshon.