Nt News - Dog Owner's Fury At Backyard Tryst

Paptacular!

how come I'm the only one laughing about the statement that everyone knows that dogs ONLY produce 10,000 litres of sperm?

Well, I've certainly learnt something cause I am not one of the everyone who knew this amazing "fact" :laugh:

And that 10 000 litres is a limited resource! :eek:

Gawd here's a thought... I have four males... I might be at risk of drowning!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know, I think it's one of the silliest statements I've ever read.

You better get a life jacket. :laugh:

There were so many stupid comments in that article I just shook my head, however I did look at Lewis and think hmmmmmmmmmmmm that could be dangerous. Love it when people pluck rubbish and numbers out of thin air put them together and create an apparent fact.

Edited by OSoSwift

It is definitely up there with the most wackiest statements! Wacky on so many levels...

My hubby was seriously impressed with 10,000 litre output - he didnt think it was humanly possible let alone canine possible ... he then asked if he could be put out for stud .... I suggested if someone would pay a stud fee I was happy with the idea - eh just joking :) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

"She didn't ask for permission and if she did ask for permission I would have agreed but a profit is just an added bonus. I guess she was too selfish to share the profits. I bought Komet as a pet, not to breed him.

Yep, this is what gave me the irresponsible vibe from the owner. Says she has no intentions of breeding her husky but says she would have been happy to do it anyway. That's what I mean about breeding on a whim. That's the irresponsible part in my eyes.

My hubby was seriously impressed with 10,000 litre output - he didnt think it was humanly possible let alone canine possible ... he then asked if he could be put out for stud .... I suggested if someone would pay a stud fee I was happy with the idea - eh just joking :) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've heard that your hubby has a lovely temperament, and isn't bad in the confirmation department either Tapua... *grin*

T.

"She didn't ask for permission and if she did ask for permission I would have agreed but a profit is just an added bonus. I guess she was too selfish to share the profits. I bought Komet as a pet, not to breed him.

Yep, this is what gave me the irresponsible vibe from the owner. Says she has no intentions of breeding her husky but says she would have been happy to do it anyway. That's what I mean about breeding on a whim. That's the irresponsible part in my eyes.

That's what I thought too.

I see the female's owner as the bigger idiot. Even if the dogs had known of one another how could the owner be sure her dog wouldn't wind up mauled instead of pregnant, throwing it into another dog's territory? But the husky owner isn't awfully responsible either. If she's quite clear she never wanted to breed her husky, desex the dog. Breeding shouldn't be undertaken on a whim.

How is the husky owner not being a responsible owner? Whilst there are benefits for desexing, not intending to breed (or having irresponsible thieving neighbours) should not be a reason to desex.

The woman said she would agree to breed if she was asked. This woman's just bitter because the owner of the bitch had puppies, and she didn't get any MONEY for it. She doesn't care about any of the other issues surronding this. I get she's upset, but I think when you look at this, it's just the MONEY she is worried about.