A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yvonne! He is just beautiful, how do you even leave for work? I'd struggle!

Anyone else's puppy just love love love doing gross things in front of other people?

Gus has taken to cleaning tall dogs whizzers down the park. He's just at the right height for it and can't seem to help himself.

Other than that we had a real breakthrough with leash walking and recall on the weekend, The Gremlin has been a bit of a monkey on leash and everything is new and exciting and needs sniffing or to stop and have a look/taste and heaven help you if he doesn't want to walk/wants to see the other dog over the road!

We've been working hard on it though and find training him to walk on a loose lead is much easier if he's tired, when he's a bit worn out I find I get more chances to reward him for the right stuff, rather than reprimand reprimand reprimand, so we've been wearing him out before a walk, which sounds interesting, but took him out full of beans on the weekend and he was much MUCH better than he had been, so seems we're making progress!

He's also stared recalling even under distractions, a lot are still too exciting, but he will come back from other people and dogs most of the time, which is nice.

We thought we'd give it a go in the park where it's secure but still a nice challenge, he did well.

I'm like a proud mother! Haha.

Sounds like Gus is coming along great Steph :)

We still can't go out much yet, but we have started on leash walking. He's doing quite well, but he's also only just getting used to his collar.

Nova is currently having his first ever chicken frame! Seems to be enjoying it smile.gif

Yvonne - Banjo is so cute : )

Steph - gross!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend with your puppies!

Tango won another BoB for 6 points on Saturday, it's still so exciting to win even though there wasn't anyone to beat. No points for us on Sunday, because I took him to school first and then when we got there at 10:15am the Weimaraners were in the ring already so we'd missed our call. Doh! They'd gotten through the breed judging super fast. We had a great time at school though, his focus is just amazing :)

Oh... and Tango cocked his leg and peed on a tree for the first time while at school! I was proud, is that weird? We went back to the same tree later on and he sniffed it then peed without lifting his leg... so he's still figuring out how to be a real boy... but he's getting there.

Edited by Misteri

Everyone's puppies are gorgeous! I'm currently on the other side of the country from my little man for another week. He is at home with mum at home though! And I Ieft instructions. Apparently she is building a new veggie garden fence as he has been sneaking in and digging a HUGE hole in one of the beds. She's filled it in twice now. Have to admit I'm glad I'm not there for that one, but I can't help but be proud of Atticus for being so clever!

Agree all the puppies are gorgeous, keep the piccies comingthick and fast guys.

Oh wow, there IS atiny itty bit of dog under all that fluff Lisa :laugh: He almost looks like he is crying, poor little Nova :cry:

Di

Tyrion looks like a stuffed toy! So cute!

Also glad we have another boy with purple accessories :) Nova doesn't fit into his yet.

Yep Tikara! But he's now fluffier than ever now! I'll try and get a pick tonight

Last puppy school tonight, then onto bigger and better things after my mini-break to the gold coast for some real sun. Haha.

He will be most upset he doesn't get his Monday playdate!

How exciting! We start puppy school on Thursday can't wait!