A Follow On Thread For Those Who Now Have Their Puppy

julesluvscavs

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we ended up having all his remaining canine puppy teeth removed, so he had three out today. Hopefully his nice strong adult ones come through soon to replace them. I had to make a snap decision, and rather than risk another anaesthetic for a dental procedure, hopefully now there's nothing left in his mouth he can damage too easily... poor puppy. Apparently he's awake and relatively happy though, so that's good!

Hope he's not too upset - we start basic obedience tomorrow morning!

Oh no Jack! Hope you are ok.

We definitely need to see more Koda :) I want to see how fast he is growing!

Nova screamed bloody murder for an hour and a half today while I went down town. Other times he had been fast asleep after a bit of whinging but not today. frown.gif

But he got to meet some nice girls from next door this afternoon, and we started practising walking nicely on lead thumbsup1.gif

Jack he is so clever! And wow he really has grown! He's got his legs and it even looks like his tail is a bit longer laugh.gif

I have to say, one of the reasons I went for an Aussie was for their intelligence, but it's so much higher than I expected! In a great way biggrin.gif

Edited by LisaCC

Jack he is so clever! And wow he really has grown! He's got his legs and it even looks like his tail is a bit longer laugh.gif

I have to say, one of the reasons I went for an Aussie was for their intelligence, but it's so much higher than I expected! In a great way biggrin.gif

I agree, aussies have a brain on them, and sometimes a cheek to match haha :laugh:

he can do allot more, I'm just knackered as i only got out of hospital today :D

Well good on you for the training too, and it's great he is still so good after being away from you for a few days!

I forgot how much puppies sleep, must wake Nova up again soon so he will sleep through the night!

Edited by LisaCC

so lovely!!

I was up every 2 hours with Tyrion last night. 3 crate accidents, but he wee'd outside everytime I took him, and we've been fine during the day. Gonna try every hour and half tonight and see if we cant stop the crate accidents that way.

He is a real spunk, so funny today. Gave up on the cold and took himself off to bed, which was super adorable and a welcome respite today while I cleaned up his weeks shredded junk mail and discarded chews. Haha.

up every 2 hours again (mostly), and only 1 crate accident, which was my fault cause my alarm didn't go off so he was in there 3 hours instead of 2 without a break. Hoping tonight is even better lol and he starts being able to sleep longer without needed to go to the loo cause i'm knackered! lol

Go Willow! I didn't realise pups could do tracking so early!

Glad that Tyrion is improving still.

We had a very big morning, off to the pet shop for a new teething toy and worming paste (plus a free puppy bag!), then had a coffee and met another puppy who will be going to our beginners class in a few weeks. Then went to the kids sports oval and got carried around while listening to all the noises and meeting some more people!

Lisa, there was one guy tracking his 8 week old puppy for the first time. He was so teeny! I was face palming and groaning. Because if I had known I could've started her as early as that I probably would have!

I was pleased when I did more obedience today how quickly she remembered. Couldn't do tracking because there is too much traffic on our local ovals.

I even did some work with Dory. I think I might make Dory my clicker guinea pig. She was less than impressed with me asking her to "work". :(

Oh Steph - that yoghurt nose is sooo cute! Banjo gets yoghurt face - sweet sticky yoghurt smothered all over his nose, cheeks and chin .... saving a bit for later I s'pose, but that's what a fluffy white face will do :laugh:

I'm trying to keep track of whose puppies are whose and their names ..... since I haven't been posting in a little while .... work all day and then puppy to keep me working when I get home!!

Banjo sleeps nicely all through the night - by the sounds of some puppies I have it easy - he has slept through from about 8.30pm until 4.am (which is our usual get up time anyway) since day 3 - but he likes to continue to wake us up at 4pm on the weekends too ... but this morning we had our first sleep in until 6.30am which was lovely.

We have working our way through toilet training and have this weekend removed all pee pads. We are having to redirect because he wanders off to the bathroom and likes to pee on the floor in there sometimes, but this weekend no accidents as yet - and he was left alone for about 4-5 hours today, so I see that as a success so far. This week will tell more when we are both at work all day .... glad hubby gets home before me to find any "presents"!!