Sus On Buyer Of My Pup

dogmate

S i thought i has sussed this girl out asked the right questions she seemed to answer and tick all the boxes as an idela owner. She couldnt come up and see them as she needed to get driven and it was about 6 hr round trip fair enough. She askes if she can leave a deposit on him id sent a million photos i said ok. She deposited it inot our account. She was supposed to come last weekend but told me she had to go to sydney to see her father and it would make the trip to long to come back via our place and pick up the pup. Fair enough then she said she was coming this weekend well its now wed early evening i still havent heard form her. I look on her facebook page and one of her friends has written . Yu didnt tell me you were going to sydney to pick up a new cay you are one crazy cat lady.

She hasnt mentioned cats she told me thye had an elderly weimeraner. So now im thinking shes an animal horder im getting bad vibes. The mother wasnt too keen to drive up with her and in the last conversation she said she hasnt gotten around to telling her step father but she said mum knows.

Am i allowed to email call or however i can contact her and tell her im not happy with the arrangement and refund her money. Things just arent sitting well with me. Im annoyed as i turned away lots of nice potential home. Well hes safe with me until he finds his forever home. He is 10 weeks this friday.

Thanks for reassuring me i wasnt keen to take a deposit but she was insisting and this being my first litter and probably only i wanted to try to everything right. My gut rles i reckon. Im off to try and call her if not i will email her.

Thanks for reassuring me i wasnt keen to take a deposit but she was insisting and this being my first litter and probably only i wanted to try to everything right. My gut rles i reckon. Im off to try and call her if not i will email her.

Tell her the puppy has some sort of health issue that means it is no longer for sale.

Tell her the puppy has some sort of health issue that means it is no longer for sale.

:thumbsup:

Personally I wouldn't do this. Many reasons but first and foremost, why on earth should you have to lie? Circumstances change all the time and at the end of the day, it is YOUR puppy and you have an obligation to it. Don't make up excuses, just come straight out and tell the girl the puppy is no longer available. At worst, tell her you have decided to keep it yourself and immediately return the deposit. Don't get drawn into making excuses, they can backfire.

TODAY, Send an EXPRESS REGISTERED Letter with a check/money order returning her deposit in full

Keep a copy

Her actions are like a neon sign saying "Given my current situation, I am now unsure about getting a pup"

There are people who realize getting a pup is not such a good idea after giving a deposit & are worried they may lose their deposit

MOST people that are that are so unsure are happy to get back their deposit

IF you take the pup to a Vet for a POSSIBLE concern you can tell her you are refunding because there is a possible concern

keep copies of ALL correspondence & Vet receipt

AND do not panic, you will find the RIGHT home

:thumbsup:

Personally I wouldn't do this. Many reasons but first and foremost, why on earth should you have to lie? Circumstances change all the time and at the end of the day, it is YOUR puppy and you have an obligation to it. Don't make up excuses, just come straight out and tell the girl the puppy is no longer available. At worst, tell her you have decided to keep it yourself and immediately return the deposit. Don't get drawn into making excuses, they can backfire.

I agree no matter what, you have to maintain your integrity - legally and morally you have every right to say - you didn't turn up you loose.

When you tell lies and then tomorrow sell the pup to someone else you become the bad guy and you are open to attacks and bad press - simply return the deposit and say bugger off.

It sounds as though she's very young????

I wouldn't sell to anyone without the arrangement happening through the parents....

I agree with what others have said: return her deposit asap.

I'm sure you still have contact details for other applicants who you were happy with?

It could be a possibility that maybe she is struggling to get the money together and is putting of the pup until she has the funds, she may be too embarrassed to say so? There could be many reasons as to why. I would be upfront with her and ask her what her current situation is ect.

Please be aware that an "Animal Hoarder" is not someone who just collects animals or has a couple more than you or I, the definition of an animal hoarder is someone who has a number of animals that are not within their means of looking after, they do not receive neccessary vet care, food and live in squalor.

It may be an option to speak with the mother in relation to the daughter buying the puppy?

Dont lie to puppy buyers, for one thing you do not want to jinx yourself and have the puppy become sick.

If you are genuinely uncomfortable for any reason with the arrangements, then tell her exacly that and explain your reasons, for all you know there may be reasons for her actions :)

Edited by Pockets

Hmm, two dogs and a cat doesn't necessarily equal an animal hoarder, but if you have that feeling that something is wrong, go with it, you are the human parent and have to protect pup, I changed my mind about one of our buyers when I met them in person, all seemed good on the phone, but in person, something just didn't fit, never could work out what, my hubby pulled me aside after they just arrived and said to me that no way were they having a puppy, so he felt it too.

Our agreement specifies that if circumstances change and we no longer have pup available to the purchaser, deposit shall be refunded. (In my mind, forever home not feeling right means pup is not available to buyer and thus gives me an out)

You could mention that you don't think pup is suitable for their home anymore, that is probably right anyway lol

Best of luck

Our agreement specifies that if circumstances change and we no longer have pup available to the purchaser, deposit shall be refunded. (In my mind, forever home not feeling right means pup is not available to buyer and thus gives me an out)

You could mention that you don't think pup is suitable for their home anymore, that is probably right anyway lol

Best of luck

Not sure if you're aware of it ruthjones but Dogs Tasmania have specific rules about the taking of deposits and the refunding of same. You should possibly read up on them with regards to your practices.

Pockets, you may be right about there being circumstances but the buyer should tell Dogmate any legitimate reasons not just keep making excuses. I'd be returning the deposit and just saying puppy's no longer for sale.

I agree, but you can't really start assuming stuff from Facebook posts etc.

If the OP feels not right about the situation then they need to contact the buyer and either ask up front what's going

On or be honest and say she does not believe the home is suitable for one of the puppies.

Otherwise you sit there doing Exacly what the OP is doing, wondering what's going on and start assuming things :)

I have phoned her her mobile is switched off or out of mobile range. I have emailed her and aslo sent a facebook message still no reply. I dont think that having thta number of anmals means a horarder but she hasnt been honest with me and wont reply to me if she doesnt reply before getting a pup she definately wont afterwards. So now i wait to hear from her so i can return her deposit.